What is the difference between having a league 'loaded' or not?

In terms of game play, stat generation and transfers... what does having a league loaded vs not loaded affect? I usually only pick three nations to load (my current game: Mexico, Argentina & Spain - Large Database) but was wondering if I am 'missing out' on something by not having the other leagues loaded...

What would the difference be if I accepted a Job Offer in Liga BBVA and I start competing against the German, Italian and English clubs in the various tournaments?

Thanks,

werkz

The big differences are in regen creation and AI activity.

For example, back in '05 I ran an England-only league setup, and experienced several problems by 15 seasons in. Managing internationally, even a major team like Argentina there were few enough players available to me that I had to field sub-par players at a couple positions. Domestically, once I was able to rise to a dominant state, the European/Continental opposition was negligible.

I've found, since, that running a league combination that includes the highest division from each of: Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain ensures long-term game balance by guaranteeing that there are sufficient quality regens and AI activity at the highest levels. I add to that mix whatever other league(s) I might want to manage in, manage the national team of, or scout in depth.

You can minimize the impact on processing times by setting the league detail off (Preferences | Detail Level | Matches In Full Detail) for all competitions besides the ones your side are in.

You can minimize the impact on processing times by setting the league detail off (Preferences | Detail Level | Matches In Full Detail) for all competitions besides the ones your side are in.

Good stuff. Thanks. So turning 'off' the league doesn't affect anything of value? Would only be beneficial if I wanted to watch a replay or something?

It's not verified, but it is logical: If you don't activate a league, the top clubs will retain their top flight status every season and perks that come with it: European football. Their players (even the average ones) will be more inclined to stay with the club because its reputation will remain high. Beating them every know and then in European competition won't change much compare to them losing the championship or even worse, get relegated (it does happen).

The only thing is that I still don't know if there's a different between View-Only and Playable with this.

Archived