The Most Pedantic Manager?

Here is an experiment that puts the microscope on you, the Manager.

Do you take an hour to decide whether Wayne Rooney should start in the community shield?

Or

Do do you play a season a night, your assistant manager doing the job of two?

Or

Are you always on holiday?

The Experiment

This is an analysis of you, the managers - to see how much time people actually take in managing their teams. Its not an experiment in how many game days you have in total. It's asking the question "How long does it take you to play a game, a season?"

The end result will be a compilation of managers "Games per Hour".

The How?

What you need to do is get 2 numbers off your game.

A. Game Time This is the real life time the game has been open (In your game status screen) eg. below 9 days, 7 hours and 39 Minutes.

gametimec.jpg

B. Matches Played All the matches you have managed - under your home screen, History+ and Information and under the heading "Overall, Career Match stats".

gamedays.jpg

Minimum qualifiers - 1 day game time or 75 Matches played, whichever is lower.

What you'll need to do is take those screen caps. see here for help (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119088&highlight=posting+image)

Finally

With those two numbers - its as simple as popping them into the formula below

Games Played / Hours played

You'll need to convert your Game time into hours--> (days x 24) + hours + (minutes/60)

Example

My San Marino game which I have shown above in screen caps.

450 games played / (9 days x 24) + 7 + (39 minutes/60) = 2.01 Games per hour (2 decimal points)

How bljoody inefficient!!!!

Hope this all makes sense. Just something I found interesting and thought I'd work it out. Nobody may bother with this, but anyway a table below to see who is the slowest or quickest.

So post your screen caps and your numbers and I'll compile the table here.

Cheers.

|---------|-------------------------|---------------------------------------|-----------|
|Position |User                     |Team(s)                                |Games/Hour |
|---------|-------------------------|---------------------------------------|-----------|
|1.       | Idiocy                  | Arsenal                               |0.37       |
|         |                         |                                       |           |
|2.       |Hamilton162              | FC United                             |0.81       |
|         |                         |                                       |           |
|3.       |Tomsmith1989             |Leeds & Switzerland                    |1.44       |
|4.       |Iamjerome                |?                                      |1.93       |
|5.       |MelbVictory              |San Marino                             |2.01       |
|6.       |~ian~                    |Inter Milan                            |3.34       |
|7.       |~ian~                    |Thatcham                               |5.99       |

Thought I would add my name to the table. Be nice to compare to others. So here are my stats:

GamePlayTime.jpg

So in hours that is:

(16 x 24) + 8 + (55/60) = 384 + 8 + 0.92 = 392.92 hours

The number of games I have got through is:

GamesPlayed.jpg

...and so, my games/hour is:

564/392.92 = 1.44 Games per Hour

:thup:

This is on FootMan 07, so it's almost 20 years from summer 2006 to February 2026. I'm still playing it, and I've been with Inter the whole time, as well as six spells with national sides.

45vd13awhvtxx7hotvpx.jpg

(15 x 24) + 4 + (32/60) = 360 + 4 + 0.53 = 364.53 hours

1220 games / 364.53 hours = 3.34 games per hour

Thought I would add my name to the table. Be nice to compare to others. So here are my stats:

GamePlayTime.jpg

So in hours that is:

(16 x 24) + 8 + (55/60) = 384 + 8 + 0.92 = 392.92 hours

The number of games I have got through is:

GamesPlayed.jpg

...and so, my games/hour is:

564/392.92 = 1.44 Games per Hour

:thup:

how many leagues you've got selected - little wonder. My machine wouldnt handle that

Thatcham - you flew with them, they were good I suppose?

Two promotions so far. I'm only using players through the academy (though I do have that and training at highest possible quality) and loans from parent clubs, so the Conference National and South weren't too tricky, struggling in League Two now though.

Only having the English leagues on helps a lot with the pace of that game.

wow... looking at ians especially makes me realise how slow i am to play matches. i might post mine in a bit but it's something like 27 hours played and i'm only in the year 2013 on FM07. what makes it worse is that i also managed england for 2 of those years

quick question. after i press print screen, where do the pictures go? i've checked my pictures and the fm07 folder

wow... looking at ians especially makes me realise how slow i am to play matches. i might post mine in a bit but it's something like 27 hours played and i'm only in the year 2013 on FM07. what makes it worse is that i also managed england for 2 of those years

quick question. after i press print screen, where do the pictures go? i've checked my pictures and the fm07 folder

After print screen you need to paste it on to Paint or a similar program, then save to where ever you want.

You have to press ALT + F9 when on FM to get them to go into the screendhot folder.

27 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, ok --> 27 days?!!!!!!!!!! even more exclamation points. I actually assumed days but typed hours.

Thanks - code table I don't know that. Will that format it better?

This might help:

|Position |User                     |Team(s)                                |Games/Hour |
|1.       |Tomsmith1989             |Leeds & Switzerland                    |1.44       |
|2.       |MelbVictory              |San Marino                             |2.01       |
|3.       |~ian~                    |Inter Milan                            |3.34       |
|4.       |~ian~                    |Thatcham                               |5.99       |

To keep code tables all in line its easiest to use notepad. If you 'reply' to this post and then copy and paste the code table into notepad it should all be in line. Then when it needs updating, update it in notepad, and simply copy and paste into the opening post.

To clarify:

1. Hit 'reply' on this post

2. Copy the table (inc. code tags) and paste it into notepad

3. Save that file for future use

4. When the table needs updating, update it in notepad.

5. Copy and paste the updated table over the old one in the opening post.

Hope that helps :thup:

My numbers are as follows:

GameStatus1.jpg

ManagerInfo1.jpg

But I must say that my 'Game Time' is hugely inflated because opening FM up once I power up my PC has become a ritual to me. Also, there are occasions when I fall asleep forgetting to turn off my PC and as a result, FM runs continuously throughout the night (I always save before closing FM too, that has become a force of habit).

So while according to the above screenshots, my games/hour figure appears to be 0.37 (shocking, I know), in reality, it should actually be somewhere between three to four times larger than that. So I'm guessing somewhere around 1.11 to 1.48 would be a more accurate figure in terms of actual playing time.

Even then, that is a rather small figure compared to others I'll admit. It is due to the fact that I control my reserves and usually spend quite some time tinkering around with squad selection, training, media, scouting for youths, etc. Add that to the fact that I have about 30 active leagues I think, and so the matches pass by slowly. :)

Here's my stats and an updated table

gamesplayed.jpg

gametimefcuniteddafugesd.jpg

This comes out at a staggering 15.41 games per hour :eek: Can someone please confirm this as it seems to be wrong by a mile and i have followed the formula correctly i think?

Here's the updated table

tablemostpedanticmanage.jpg

Haven't got the screenshots atm, but can put them up if people want.

(2 x 24) + 12 + (40/60) = 48 + 12 + 0.66 = 60.66 hours.

21 games / 60.66 hours = 0.346191889 games per hour

That ridiculous figure is down to two things.

1. I have FM open on my laptop all the time, and this game the most.

2. It's an international game.

This might help:

|1.       |Tomsmith1989             |Leeds & Switzerland                    |1.44       |
|2.       |MelbVictory              |San Marino                             |2.01       |
|3.       |~ian~                    |Inter Milan                            |3.34       |
|4.       |~ian~                    |Thatcham                               |5.99       |

To keep code tables all in line its easiest to use notepad. If you 'reply' to this post and then copy and paste the code table into notepad it should all be in line. Then when it needs updating, update it in notepad, and simply copy and paste into the opening post.

To clarify:

1. Hit 'reply' on this post

2. Copy the table (inc. code tags) and paste it into notepad

3. Save that file for future use

4. When the table needs updating, update it in notepad.

5. Copy and paste the updated table over the old one in the opening post.

Hope that helps :thup:

thanks - doing it now

Haven't got the screenshots atm, but can put them up if people want.

(2 x 24) + 12 + (40/60) = 48 + 12 + 0.66 = 60.66 hours.

21 games / 60.66 hours = 0.346191889 games per hour

That ridiculous figure is down to two things.

1. I have FM open on my laptop all the time, and this game the most.

2. It's an international game.

I'll put ya up in the table after some screen caps - just for consistancies sake.

OK - updated the table. Ddiocy takes an early lead that will be hard to beat. The fact that yoru PC is on all the time, single handedly melting the polar icecaps notwithstanding, the numbers do not lie.

If you play about 1 game per 3 hours, you're in with a chance.

What will the winner get - I think some bragging rights. I will edit the top post so that the winner can post some screenies, showing off their slow asjs game.

OK - updated the table. Ediocy takes an early lead that will be hard to beat. The fact that your PC is on all the time, single handedly melting the polar icecaps notwithstanding, the numbers do not lie.

If you play about 1 game per 3 hours, you're in with a chance.

What will the winner get - I think some bragging rights. I will edit the top post so that the winner can post some screenies, showing off their slow asjs game.

Weeeman has already beaten me with his 0.35 games/hour. :D

Archived