Players unsettled/eager to move,despite great success (Real Madrid)

I'm in 2010,at real madrid,and not just this year but most years,when some clubs declare interest in my players,they all get excited and eager to move ,despite the fact that in the first year i took over ,we did the trebble despite a team that wasn't good enough for it,year 2 we won league,spanish cup and lost the champions league final to penalties,and despite playing great football and packing the stadium every week.

I refreshed the team and got rid of players that weren't looking like they were motivated anymore,but i still have many players acting like my club is second rate and milan,manchester,etc. are "too good to turn down and would welcome any offer that might be coming",etc. This is really stupid,madrid is not a second rate club yet they act like it ,despite the historic reputation,and recent reputation,and the success i achieved here.What is their goddamn problem ? Not to mention they get unsettled at the smallest problem,or half time talk that isn't all sugar and honey..

There is no particular conspiracy for R.Madrid for that. I think it actually depends on the nature of the player (loyalty, professional and ambition). If they think that they'd get a better wage at a new club (which is likely), they'd tend to be unsettled whenever there is a transfer speculation regardless of how many trophies they win each year, how regularly they get to play.

Originally posted by Macyst:

There is no particular conspiracy for R.Madrid for that. I think it actually depends on the nature of the player (loyalty, professional and ambition). If they think that they'd get a better wage at a new club (which is likely), they'd tend to be unsettled whenever there is a transfer speculation regardless of how many trophies they win each year, how regularly they get to play.

couldnt have said it better myself its the loyalty, profesionalism and ambition of the players if they are low/high for some they will always want to move if another club comes in for them no matter how well you are doing or how many trophys you are to win

couldnt have said it better myself its the loyalty, profesionalism and ambition of the players if they are low/high for some they will always want to move if another club comes in for them no matter how well you are doing or how many trophys you are to win

But what's the logic in moving to a club where you will have less success,and perhaps earn less money?

I had the same problem a few times now, most annoyingly at Chelsea when after winning CL, EPL and both domestic cups in a season, Petr Cech and Aguero were both unhappy with me for some reason, best thing I could figure out to do was sell them for as inflated a price as possible and buy some other players

They need to seriously look into this,there is no reason for them to behaving this way..i bought behrami a year ago,now after a season,inter wants to buy him,and i said no,he is getting ticked off,despite winning the league and spanish cup this year,and being payed 195.000 euro a week.

Carlos vela,second year here,and payed 195.000 euro/week ,had his best season at 22 years old,7.50 league rating,real madrid is his favourite club and some random club from england or italy,with less reputation and form,not to mention squad quality comes calling,and he is "frustrated at not being allowed to move clubs" and "willing to stay at club",just like behrami.

It is a part of the game that wasn't here before,and i would like to adapt to it,as i did with the team talks,and opposition instructions,i am tired of players getting frustrated..so let me know if there are any things i could do to get through this,thanks.

In long-term games some players will become unsettled after 8 or 10 years with a club despite huge success. It's a matter of motivation and players will start moaning about "new challenges" and "I've been here too long" despite the fact they're integral to their current team. This aspect is reasonable enough, I suppose, wanting new experiences. However, what's more dubious is that the unsettled players will happily sign new 4-yr deals only to become troubled again 3 months later. Selling them off is the only option. The big paradox is that, 9 times out of 10, they prefer to move to a club within your own league (or they simply fail to generate AI interest from abroad) - even in the case of world-class foreigners. What's the motivating factor in turning against your old employer with whom you've have an excellent relationship for years and years? They've won everything already. Why not move abroad and try something completely different if motivation is really the key issue? I'd like to see these players reject "home" clubs because they refuse to represent other league teams. It happens IRL, not in FM but I digress.

I understand the "wants a new challenge",it's a totally human thing for some players,but so far only one had that problem,the rest just get unsettled and "frustrated at not being allowed to move clubs",and so on,for no real reason whatsoever..

I seem to remember a player at man united who had just won the champions league and the premiership.

Real Madrid then declared interest and suddenly he was unsettled. What was his name again? oh yeh, Ronaldo.

This kind of thing happens all the time in football, even with the big clubs. Players don't like the manager or want a new challenge or maybe their agent has unsettled them to get some more money.

With my Rangers team, my goalkeeper(mcgregor) said that he felt he had achieved all he could with the club. Despite the fact we were 2 days away from playing in the european cup final! he then changed his mind when we won it! however this was on top of winning the domestic double!

i hate this too! but even so, i don't sell them, even if their livers will blow in them icon_biggrin.gif

also, when bigger clubs are asking how much i want for the player, i always ask small amounts of money, and the big stupid clubs are offering me the small sum i've asked... so, i can reject their bid, without my stupid manager sell them by himself because of the offer "to good to refuse".

only once i was tricked by milan, wich managed to "steal" one of my greater defenders. i've asked 10 milions and they gave me 35. of cours the chairman sold him icon_frown.gif(

Archived