Anyone ever play as an amateur team?

Yea, they can turn professional if they get promoted. Or if the economy gets much better. Bad thing is that if you play well, you'll lose atleast half your team each season, since when they're on amateur contract, anyone can sign them on free.

Yea, they can turn professional if they get promoted. Or if the economy gets much better. Bad thing is that if you play well, you'll lose atleast half your team each season, since when they're on amateur contract, anyone can sign them on free.

That's interesting to know. Thanks.

In Scotland, players who are Amateur are registered with a club until the end of the season to prevent poaching (or more specifically to protect Queen's Park). I would doubt this is in FM though.

I think it is - at least, when I try to poach a player from Queen's Park, the next day I get a message stating that he's "signed a new contract with Queen's Park", still amateur, so I can't seem to pry him away.

Does make me wonder, when is the right time to approach the player? I may have to try over the summer window, given what you've said.

I'm not sure if Queens Park are coded to stay amateur since they are in real life.

They are Andy. I remember seeing somewhere on here that somebody got a couple of promotions with them (maybe even up to the SPL) and they remained amateur.

Archived