Club Stature

In my game i'm Leicester City.

Got them promoted to the Premier League from League One which took a couple of seasons. Now i'm in the year 2019 and can say i'm a strong force in the Premier and getting into the Champions League every season. So really you can say they need to hold on to me as a manager :cool:

But at the start of my new season, the club board are now saying that I should be performing slightly better :eek:

The board state 'They are concerned that the club is not being held in the same regard as it was before you took charge'

Now surely this is a LIE! Starting the game in League One! Now in the Premier League and in the Champions League!! Surely the club will be looked at as alot better as they were in League One!!

I also check the Board Confidence and the club stature is 'Poor'

Whats this mean? The board is thinking of sacking me for really doing absolutely nothing wrong? :thdn:

Anyone help?

Same happened with me with Cambridge, got to the Champions League but they were diappointed with the club's stature. Won the Prem and it suddenly jumped to full bar (as it shoud be) and hasn't moved since.

Hmmmm yeah that makes sense. I mean for the past 3 years ive been flirting around the top 3 in the prem, and also the champions league, getting into the quarter finals. Maybe the board now expect me to actually win something!

Yeah maybe with all the extra investment they expect the premiership or something. Maybe it's just a reflection of the ruthlessness of the football world. They're happy for you to get them at the top, but once they're there and established, they want someone "better".

Or maybe the game only lets your reputation jump with major trophy wins;D

The message is with regards to your teams reputation, it's decreased (quite a lot) judging from some tests i made a while back.

I took over Standard Liege, edited their rep to 9000 and continued for a week. Edited it down to 7000 and that "club not being held in the same regard" message came from my Chairman.

Which begs the question, what influences club reputation? Have a look for some more in-depth threads on club rep :)

Well what are their minimum expectations? They should be explicit in that much at least. Mind you, I've got a post-Mandaric Leicester game and my expectations are fairly weird (must reach FA Cup and CL semi-finals but only have to qualify for the UEFA Cup... and this for a team that's won three straight FA Cups, two straight Premierships and lost the last three CL finals...)

• 1 month later...

I've had a similar problem. I'm now in my fourth season in the Premier league with Barrow having taken them from the Blue Square Premier. Until the start of the current season the reaction from the board regarding the Club's stature has been rather good, as you'd expect. I recently clocked up my 1,000th game in charge of The Bluebirds and I think this may have reset the boards expectations. They are now 'concerned that the club is not being held in the same regard as it was before took charge'!

maybe thats a bug...i am in 9th season with Oxford Utd, won 2 Champ Leagues, 1 Fa Cup, in 5 years in the Premier League, and now the board expect from me to win everything, FA Cup,Premier L, and Champ League...btw in the 7th season the club was bought by a buisnessman...but the bigest problem is that my stadium is filled up every match for the last 6-7 years and they dont want to build me another, it has only 18000 seats...the game developers should fix theese problems for the next FM2010

I assume it's because you aren't reaching the expectations set by the board at the start of the season. Do they expect you to win the EPL or just title challenge?

Winning the league, FA Cup or League Cup will raise your reputation. Also try looking at getting a merchandising link with a feeder club abroad. That could raise the rep of your club worldwide.

Archived