Does weight and strength really play a part in fm?

Something just came to me while watching the Chelsea v Barca match. I know that in fm all players have a rating out of 20 for strength and their weight will obviously be put in. Does this really affect in game? i am not asking because i believe it isnt, just because i havent seen it or cant remember seeing it? e.g. can players like drogba terrorise defences and knock other players off the ball?

I've seen my players force strikers and midfielders off the ball. The commentary will say something to the effect of the opponent being 'outmuscled' 'worked off' or 'forced off' the ball. Don't remeber the exact terminology. It has popped up twice.

if they are light they will probably be pacier and probably more skillful if they are tall they will probably be good at heading and such, thats what im guessing anyways, so i believe it influences the progression of a player

if they are light they will probably be pacier and probably more skillful if they are tall they will probably be good at heading and such, thats what im guessing anyways, so i believe it influences the progression of a player

Not really.

Players like Adebayor are big and, I assume, quite heavy. But he is also fast. Drogba is also quite fast iirc.

Any player can be good at heading, big or small. Thing is, taller players can normally get higher so they can show their headers in game.

Sorry to be picky :D:p

Height and weight have no factor in a match in Football Manager. A person 3 metres tall with a jumping of 5 will almost always lose out in an aerial contest with a player 160cm tall and a jumping of 20. The same goes for a person that weighs a ton and has a strength of 5 versus a player the weight of a feather and strength 20, 9 times out of 10 the player with the higher strength will muscle his opponent out of the contest.

Hardly realistic, but that's how it is.

Height and weight have no factor in a match in Football Manager. A person 3 metres tall with a jumping of 5 will almost always lose out in an aerial contest with a player 160cm tall and a jumping of 20. The same goes for a person that weighs a ton and has a strength of 5 versus a player the weight of a feather and strength 20, 9 times out of 10 the player with the higher strength will muscle his opponent out of the contest.

Hardly realistic, but that's how it is.

The point is that although height and weight are not used by the match enging in its calculations, they do influence a player's other attributes. So you simply will not get a player who is 3 meters tall with a jumping attribute of 5, nor will you get a player who is as light as a feather with 20 for strength.

The point is that although height and weight are not used by the match enging in its calculations, they do influence a player's other attributes. So you simply will not get a player who is 3 meters tall with a jumping attribute of 5, nor will you get a player who is as light as a feather with 20 for strength.

I'm fully aware of this, but I wasn't always. For new players to the series this really does need clarification, they will likely not jump to the conclusion that the 'jumping' is actually a combination of the player's height and his ability to jump moulded into one stat that controls his effectiveness in aerial contests. Same with 'strength'.

Height doesnt = strength or good heading.

I had a 164cm striker with 18 heading and 16 str and 6 pace. :D

I just signed Buonanotte too, haven't seen him play yet.:eek:

No one has ever said it does...

Archived