FM10 Idea?

Just an idea but would it be possible that after a match has been played the user gets the choice to watch a replay of individual players so that he/she could see whether a player has played well or has played poorly? This way you could watch closely and see that your striker was making runs forward when he should have dropped and picked up a pass or your midfielder was running with the ball too often when he should have passed. Or possibly to get a report by the ass. man. after a game which could say things like " Player X was always 5 yards to far away from Player Y which was meaning he was able to pick up the ball and go on an attack far too often."

Would be interested to see what people think of this idea?

• SI Staff
Personally I think you can already do this by watching a game on full match.

That would be a bit too time consuming. It would be more of a highlights package of that individual player and what he was involved in during the match with the focus being on him.

I like it.

i remember that, did you mean from a previous game? like fm 06 or something. an agent came forward with a player and you could view him playing, usually scoring etc.

I personally hope this doesn't make a comeback, I found it irritating to be constantly inundated with videos of (usually rubbish) players scoring what was likely to be their one and only goal in pro football. Fwiw I do like the idea of having the option to view a highlights type package after a game where you could analyse the performance of one or more of your players.:thup:

Thought it might be worth a mention since everyone on here keeps saying they don't know where they are going wrong but if this was introduced you could see why your CB isn't doing well (marking too tight/not enough etc.)

Possibly an option to focus on one player during a match you are watching so that you could assess what's going wrong and make changes accordingly.

That would be a bit too time consuming. It would be more of a highlights package of that individual player and what he was involved in during the match with the focus being on him.

I like it.

I like this idea a LOT as well.

A player may score a 40 yard cracker but if every other time he got the ball he simply gave it away, it would be reasonable to suggest he's mostly a waste of time :p!

It would definitely help with buying average players for average fees and gambling on whether they can do certain things in certain positions. I guess it demonstrates a collection of the players statistics in a game! Visualising the data helps the manager to see whether the player is actually useful!

For example, a striker with high finishing and low pace, or a striker with high finishing and high pace. The visual difference would be very obvious. Thats a basic example as collect that with 10 other stats, and you could see subtle differences between similar players which could make a big difference!!!

I really like it. Visualisation is the way forward, and there's lots and lots of figures so would be good to see them used in the scouting like that! Rather than a video of a player scoring from an agent, a video of a scout showing a player you've scouted would be more useful and available on request rather than taking up lots of processing by doing it for random players every now and then!

Like it a lot! SI Consider it!

I like this idea a LOT as well.

A player may score a 40 yard cracker but if every other time he got the ball he simply gave it away, it would be reasonable to suggest he's mostly a waste of time :p!

It would definitely help with buying average players for average fees and gambling on whether they can do certain things in certain positions. I guess it demonstrates a collection of the players statistics in a game! Visualising the data helps the manager to see whether the player is actually useful!

For example, a striker with high finishing and low pace, or a striker with high finishing and high pace. The visual difference would be very obvious. Thats a basic example as collect that with 10 other stats, and you could see subtle differences between similar players which could make a big difference!!!

I really like it. Visualisation is the way forward, and there's lots and lots of figures so would be good to see them used in the scouting like that! Rather than a video of a player scoring from an agent, a video of a scout showing a player you've scouted would be more useful and available on request rather than taking up lots of processing by doing it for random players every now and then!

Like it a lot! SI Consider it!

Don't know if it would be possible for scouting players, what would happen with a player who isn't in a league that you haven't loaded? The match wouldn't have been saved so you couldn't watch highlights of it.

Archived