Out of form Striker

From time to time 1 of my strikers will be out of form, more recently one ended up playing 700mins without scoring. Ive tried too criticize, Ive tried telling him Ive got faith in him, or expect a performance in the pre match talk but still no effect, does droping a player actually helps? or any other suggestions...

I tend to find that if my main striker has a loss of form, then no other striker will come in and pick up the slack. It's almost like my wholw side is struggling to create good chances, rather than my striker missing what he gets.

You might have more luck by tweaking you tactics slightly, or simply hope to get through it sooner rather than later, as is often the case irl.

I always get this, sometimes you don't even realize. Sometimes one striker does all the work and scores the goals and the other just kinda turns up.

In your situation what I would do do is one or both or all of the following:

A) see if you can tell the player you will give him a rest in the player interaction section. Usually players say they agree and will come back stronger. Drop him for a few games and bring him back hopefully playing a lot better.

B) also I would not start him each game, just have him a sub and bring him on later in the game on about 60-70 mins, and give him a chance to run at tired legs.

C) lastly give him a run in the reserves and usually good players will score a few against poor reserves teams. Then try and transfer that into your first team.

In terms of your team talks, sometimes it's good to not give him so much attention. Constantly changing your team talks to him will start to confuse him about what you want from him, pretend you don't know he is havig a poor run :)

Hope that helps!

he might be an inconsistent performer, so you have to wait out the drought by not starting him, and playing him in reserves. The post above pretty much covers it. How is hos morale? Lastly tactics is very important. Check if he is getting shots on goal, is he struggling to put away chances or is he not getting them? perhaps the problem is in the midfield? Make sure you play to his strength too, if he is a target man with good determination jumping strength etc then instruc for him to recieve balls to head. if he is a poacher then run on to ball.

on my current data im in 2020 and my top player who i have heri saiviet when i first bought him in 2011 it took im 16gmes to score his first goals for the club i was going to sell him until i started to play him more to give him time to develop in the squad and within 2 yers of buying him i was offered jst over £25m for hiom but rejecteed it to try and keep im and am glad thatb i did now he plays every week and his ca/pa is nw194/199 (im using the fm mini scout) and in 200 odd games he has jst broken the 125goal barrier in the leauge goals and was top score for 4 seasons running

This happened to me. One of my strikers were scoring every game, racking up 8.0 + performances every game, but my other striker was playing absolutely awful, playing rating of 5.0 and he could'nt hit a cows ass with a banjo. So what I did was tell him at team talks that I was 'Angry' at his performances. He sooned shaped up and started playing better!

Archived