• 2 weeks later...

Hardest League to manage in with all the regulations and the draft is kinda hard to judge, well in my experience of fm 08 where i won 3 mls cups with new england and then didn't win anything else for 7 years. Very hard to build a club up and meatain your dominance like most other leagues

Eh, it can be tough but if you get the hang of it its actually a really fun league to compete in. The only downside for me(though I'm American so I watch MLS all the time so I know from real life experience), the lack of youth academies and whatnot is a real downer. But I won the MLS Cup and Supporter's Shield two years running with my San Jose squad. Working on possibly winning the CONCACAF Champions League but we'll see how far I go there. Was runner up in the Open Cup and runner up in Superliga. So if you get the hang of it, you can dominate.

Eh, it can be tough but if you get the hang of it its actually a really fun league to compete in. The only downside for me(though I'm American so I watch MLS all the time so I know from real life experience), the lack of youth academies and whatnot is a real downer. But I won the MLS Cup and Supporter's Shield two years running with my San Jose squad. Working on possibly winning the CONCACAF Champions League but we'll see how far I go there. Was runner up in the Open Cup and runner up in Superliga. So if you get the hang of it, you can dominate.

you say the lack of youth academies is a downer, in real life i think the US has a very good system by which most players have to goto college(uni to us english) and gain an education while building up their bodies in the right fashion, not rushed into anything until they leave college, as with the other american sports, college sport seems to be popular, more so than the english U18 leagues

Winning Superliga and the CCL is tough because the Mexican teams are so hard to beat. And fixture congestion becomes an issue when you are playing 2+ senior games per week for over a month straight.

you say the lack of youth academies is a downer, in real life i think the US has a very good system by which most players have to goto college(uni to us english) and gain an education while building up their bodies in the right fashion, not rushed into anything until they leave college, as with the other american sports, college sport seems to be popular, more so than the english U18 leagues

Nah trust me, the same is not true for soccer. The only college sports that are popular here really are American football and basketball, and the College World Series for baseball. But college soccer is an afterthought. And I personally think we would be much better off in the youth academy system that everyone else uses. We're slowly moving toward it, a few MLS teams have setup academies and MLS finally changed their arcane rules to make an academy worth having. While I agree it's true that it's good for the players since they get to complete an education, it's really really bad for their talents. Coaching and training in college are not very good, I'd rather we give our players proper training and guidance at an earlier age.

Nah trust me, the same is not true for soccer. The only college sports that are popular here really are American football and basketball, and the College World Series for baseball. But college soccer is an afterthought. And I personally think we would be much better off in the youth academy system that everyone else uses. We're slowly moving toward it, a few MLS teams have setup academies and MLS finally changed their arcane rules to make an academy worth having. While I agree it's true that it's good for the players since they get to complete an education, it's really really bad for their talents. Coaching and training in college are not very good, I'd rather we give our players proper training and guidance at an earlier age.

the main problem for US football is geography, its impossible to get fans to your away grounds, and there is a few American footballers that went through the college system,

Archived