bankrupt clubs

That's right. They'll take the points deduction. Theoretically their situation could result in them being relegated from the bottom playable league and never return, but in practice I'd say their reputation would ensure they come straight back up.

Woudln't their reputation drop as they dropped down the leagues?

Obviosuly the more leagues loaded the more drops in reputation.

When a team does drop out does their reputation remain similar to what it was when they were playable or will it reset?

It seems that reputations of clubs change very slowly - certainly managers whose teams get quick promotions complain about that, so I'd assume the reverse is true. Thus the team's reputation should be the highest in the non-playable league, making them rank favourites for promotion.

As slipknot67 & phnompenhandy mentioned, a club won't fold and cease to exist in the game. They're in the database, so they will always be in the game.

I have seen Luton Town get into such a bad financial situation, that they're forced to release players and eventually get relegated from the BSS. For a few seasons they would yoyo up and back down again. They've stayed down for the last four seasons of that save I'm playing, so the worst that could happen to any club is they go below a playable level for a length of time.

Would be good if you could use your own finances to help lower clubs, eg if, say, stevenage went bankcrupt, you could put some of your money into the club to take over. And then if you ever wanted to manager that club you would be able to take over immediatly.

Also if you put your own money into a club to save them, they could become an affiliated club :p

As slipknot67 & phnompenhandy mentioned, a club won't fold and cease to exist in the game. They're in the database, so they will always be in the game.

I have seen Luton Town get into such a bad financial situation, that they're forced to release players and eventually get relegated from the BSS. For a few seasons they would yoyo up and back down again. They've stayed down for the last four seasons of that save I'm playing, so the worst that could happen to any club is they go below a playable level for a length of time.

Cheers for the proof. That mostly bears out what I speculated, although I'm surprised Luton have struggled so much between BSS and below - that suggests they've lost more reputation points than I thought.

Archived