Ive just been mugged...

Yeah, I had something similar

fixs.jpg

But I quite iked it, it means you get the big teams out of the way (and I didn't do that badly), and it lets you get a good head of steam up with no more big games until basically Jan! But good luck mate!

Those aren't the games you want to worry about much. It's the last 5 games that are going to do your head in.

Although it seems someone in the FA doesn't like you too much. Or just isn't a fan of Villa.

The last dew games arnt *that* bad. touches wood.

The good news is this sequence starts again just before new year so a easy cup draw will at least split them up a bit. *touches more wood

My plan

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Nice easy pre-season friendlies

<LI> Big gap before the first game for peak fitness

<LI> Save my player link ups till a couple of games in

<LI> Play a bit more defensive 23 draws from five would be icon14.gif

<LI> Use squad rotation

<LI> Pray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

The last dew games arnt *that* bad. touches wood.

The good news is this sequence starts again just before new year so a easy cup draw will at least split them up a bit. *touches more wood

My plan

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Nice easy pre-season friendlies

<LI> Big gap before the first game for peak fitness

<LI> Save my player link ups till a couple of games in

<LI> Play a bit more defensive 23 draws from five would be icon14.gif

<LI> Use squad rotation

<LI> Pray

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last few games is when the computer gets really desperate. Especially teams fighting relegation. That's what i've noticed though. Although losing any of the beginning games can be pretty vital. I'd be playing for draws until my teams moral is superb. 1 Loss can make the next games go pretty rough.

But you have an easy set of games after those 5 games. Well, Pompy might be tough if they're anything like they are in my game, always sitting in the top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The last few games is when the computer gets really desperate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, mine actually starts to sweat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The last few games is when the computer gets really desperate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, mine actually starts to sweat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine started cursing at me in a robotic Scottish voice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Play a bit more defensive 23 draws from five would be </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

23 draws from five? Would be great!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Yeah, mine actually starts to sweat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine started cursing at me in a robotic Scottish voice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't envisage that. is it kind of willie from the simpsons crossed with arnie's monotonous tones in T-2 (or anything he's done really)

Have you been Villa all the way to 2014 or are you new to the club?

I joined Villa as a new challenge around 2012 an managed to beat Man U and Chelsea within my first 10 games. That's after losing my first 4 games to mid-table teams. I know all games are different, but if you give the right attention to the correct opposition players, you can beat the big guns.

Just taken over at villa/the skin is steklo left

9abszs.jpg

So i decided to try and be defensive against liverpool and they just dominated me from start to finish. Plan B was just to play my normal way and hope I can get them used to playing that way going into the season.

That worked against Newcastle (mainly thanks to luke moore deciding he was going to be a real footballer for the day). Stupidly I went into the game against Arsenal with the idea that the tactic may work...... So after arsenal the team had no Morale and two of the hardest gamest to go. I dominated Man Utd and managed to lose to a last miniute goal in each half For I really carnt work this team out.

Now to chelsea 4 wins from 4 im no goals conceded . This was the most encouraging result. We managed to dominate the game and the only thing that stopped us getting a point was a frankly laughable Boruc in goal.

The problem I have found is the lack of quality full backs and keepers coming through. Any decent keeper will cost more than £10 million and Man UTD just paid £12.5 million for a 31 year old dani alves. Garry Bocaly just went to Barce for 25 million an Genoa want 15 million for vanden borre. Thank to the mess left behind by david moyes im still in dept and 300 000 over wage budget. Who give a 30 year old shaun maloney a 4 yr 60 000 a week contract??? I cant even get my own staff in cos all the current ones have 5 year deals.

Im non the wiser about tactics or the players after these 5 games. Time to start the season proper

How are you finding the curse of Randy Lerner (spelling?), the toss pot sells all y youth prospects behind my back. I hate him.

He sold Gary Bocaly over my head for 15 million, he is now a top class player.

I joined Villa for a challenge after 4 seasons at MKdons, when I joined they were in a relegation battle with only a half dozen games to go, saved them and turned it around.

My aim in the first full season was to meet the boards lowest expectation and build the squad for the future. I am now 3 seasons on and I am the top team in the premiership.

Young is still a first team member.

Reo-Coker is class for Man Utd, bloody Randy Lerner.

Barry, held down a place as captain until his legs gave up and I had to buy him a zimmer frame.

Curtis Davis, rotates as one of my 3 defenders.

Moore and Agbonlahor will serve you well in the first and second season, but the are both in the reserves now, playing back up positions. In fact Luke Moore hates my guts, his contract has run out, he refuses to renew it and no one will sign him because of his excessive wage demands. I was hoping to get him to sign a new contract, but I am probably going to have to release him on a free.

Skin

Steklo black

Download the skins pack. Use WinRar or similar to unpack it to the Skins folder (C:\Users\Valencia\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008). Once they're in there, in the preferences ingame, go to Display and Sound. Top left is the skins dropdown menu. Select "Steklo Black Left" to get the style I have.

Then tick the "Always reload skin on confirm" and untick "Use skin cache" boxes at the right. Press confirm, the new skin will load. Then go back into preferences and reverse the ticks again, press confirm, all done.

Kits

Mega pack

It's self installing, once it's done, tick the "Always reload skin on confirm" and untick "Use skin cache" boxes at the right. Press confirm, the new skin will load. Then go back into preferences and reverse the ticks again, press confirm, all the faces and logos and kits will all be in the right places!

@ The Lambs

Just taken over on the date of the first screenshot

I have been at leeds till now got them to premier league but got sick of lack of progress.

I noticed that Villa had always spent big and had a decent stadium while at the same time had a highest finish of 11th and not sacked a manager so thought it would be a good challenge.

The players that are still there are

Gaz Barry

Luke moore

Nathan Dalfounisio ( icon_rolleyes.gif )

Gabby Agbonlahore ( icon_rolleyes.gif )

Im not even going to try to spell those right.

The biggest problem like I said was the huge dept and going over the wage bill.

I have managed to get the wage bill to about the right level and im JUST in positive money put still paying off player Fees and even some wages of sold players. Plus I have a 40 mill loan to repay in the next 10 years. So im going to have to get into europe on the cheap to try and move forward.

Archived