What to do when....

Players are unhappy and want to leave, because they owe it to theirselves or just want to play at a bigger league. I am playing with Ajax and since I am doing really well and got alot of good players in my team, the bigger clubs tend to drive my players crazy to keep offering for them and saying they want them in their squad. I don't want to lose any players, but I am afraid it will be bad for my results. The harmony has gotten worse aswell.

Any advice?

It's a bit of a dirty thing to do... But I've found that if a bid comes in for a player, instead of rejecting it just renegotiate it to £50m upfront + £50m over 12 months. The club will pull out and the player wont moan so much.

Perhaps not entirely realistic as in real life a player would still moan, but not on FM09 :eek:

It's a bit of a dirty thing to do... But I've found that if a bid comes in for a player, instead of rejecting it just renegotiate it to £50m upfront + £50m over 12 months. The club will pull out and the player wont moan so much.

Perhaps not entirely realistic as in real life a player would still moan, but not on FM09 :eek:

And if players say they're ready for a 'step higher'. Like Rodney Sneijder; I have trained him and he's a good left winger now, but as soon as he had 5 stars for my team, he was moaning for a step higher. And thanks for the advice I'll try that. :thup:

I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth. Renegotiating to an unreasonable fee does not stop the player complaining. If a player doesn't complain after renegotiation, he wouldn't've complained about rejection.

However, just because a player wants to leave, doesn't mean he will complain about rejected offers. I've had plenty of players say that they want to to, but not kick up a fuss about me refusing bids for them. As far as I can tell, it all comes down to whether, when you view the bid, it says that the player wants to be allowed to talk to the bidder.

I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth. Renegotiating to an unreasonable fee does not stop the player complaining. If a player doesn't complain after renegotiation, he wouldn't've complained about rejection.

However, just because a player wants to leave, doesn't mean he will complain about rejected offers. I've had plenty of players say that they want to to, but not kick up a fuss about me refusing bids for them. As far as I can tell, it all comes down to whether, when you view the bid, it says that the player wants to be allowed to talk to the bidder.

So it doesn't work?

You got any good advice? Just lost 1-0 from Spurs, I was totally better, Gomes which is their keeper was MOTM which says enough.

My experience has suggested that it isn't just a myth. Cristano Ronaldo suggested to speak with Real when they came in with 70mill, I renegotiated to 100 and they withdrew and he was happy still. Although if they do not say they want to speak with the team, I will reject out-right and never had a problem.

Personally if a player wants to leave my club I just get shot of them I only want players at my club that want to play there and want to be part of something, no player is bigger than the club and all that...

Same here. I play with Ajax as well. In 2010 I sold Sulejmani to Roma as he wanted to further his career. Next ones complaining are Aissati ja Vermaelen (want new challenge). If player wants to leave, he's not very likely to extend his contract, so it's better to make some cash for him.

As Ajax I bet you have plenty of youth players coming up from U-19 team, so if you balance your team well and selle around 2 players each season, you don't really need to buy any replacements.

I agree, it's all about whether a player wants to be able to speak to the club.

The problem arises, when they want to speak to the club, but you feel the offer isn't good enough. Then players get their complain on.

I've got a few guys, some moan more than others. But I'll be getting rid of them in the summer. I need them right now as I have the chance to win the league.

I picked up a player because he wanted to move clubs, so I got him on the cheap. Now he's complaining again. I suppose that's just the way he is.

Same here. I play with Ajax as well. In 2010 I sold Sulejmani to Roma as he wanted to further his career. Next ones complaining are Aissati ja Vermaelen (want new challenge). If player wants to leave, he's not very likely to extend his contract, so it's better to make some cash for him.

As Ajax I bet you have plenty of youth players coming up from U-19 team, so if you balance your team well and selle around 2 players each season, you don't really need to buy any replacements.

Currently I got 5 key players complaining.

Huntelaar, Villaluz, Douglas Costa, Rodney Sneijder and Boulahrouz. If I would sell them all I would get about 60mill, which ofcourse is enough for replacements, but quality over quantity and it's hard to even sign a player like Huntelaar.

In a situation like this i quadruple the players value and then add a load of clauses. The team usually pulls out and i get to keep my player. If the team accepts your demands and is willing to pay an obscene amount then i accept and buy a couple of players that are just as good.

This is obviously a bit too late now but i always find that looking at the expiry date of all quality players and potential quality players contracts helps. At the end of every season i see who has 2 years left on their contract. If I feel i could live without the player then i leave offering a contract until he has one year left. If the player is irreplacable then i offer him a really long contract and negotiate from there. It takes about 10 minutes to do a full squad but worth it in the long run. By the time the unhappy player needs his contract renewing he has usually forgoten about the interested club and is happy to sign.

In a situation like this i quadruple the players value and then add a load of clauses. The team usually pulls out and i get to keep my player. If the team accepts your demands and is willing to pay an obscene amount then i accept and buy a couple of players that are just as good.

This is obviously a bit too late now but i always find that looking at the expiry date of all quality players and potential quality players contracts helps. At the end of every season i see who has 2 years left on their contract. If I feel i could live without the player then i leave offering a contract until he has one year left. If the player is irreplacable then i offer him a really long contract and negotiate from there. It takes about 10 minutes to do a full squad but worth it in the long run. By the time the unhappy player needs his contract renewing he has usually forgoten about the interested club and is happy to sign.

How do you quadruple your player's value?

How do you quadruple your player's value?

He meant when negotiating the offer. When another club approaches with enquiry, ask them 3-4 times more than player value is.

My experience says that when player is really good or attracting many clubs, they're willing to pay double his value. They are practically never willing to pay 3x more. But, of course, in rare cases it ends up as they are offering 2-2,5x player value and club board accepts their bid so you don't have chance to interfer.

I had a case when in Ajax I sold 3 players of my first 11. Didn't buy any replacements and won the league anyway next year. So as long as you have talented youngsters coming from U-19/Reserve team, then it's actually good to get rid of moaning stars to give chance to other.

My Ajax game always ends up in 5-6 years to the point where I have like £50m transfer money and sell around £20m worth players every summer, don't buy nobody, bank balance is like £100m and shareholders take hefty dividends every year.

He meant when negotiating the offer. When another club approaches with enquiry, ask them 3-4 times more than player value is.

My experience says that when player is really good or attracting many clubs, they're willing to pay double his value. They are practically never willing to pay 3x more. But, of course, in rare cases it ends up as they are offering 2-2,5x player value and club board accepts their bid so you don't have chance to interfer.

I had a case when in Ajax I sold 3 players of my first 11. Didn't buy any replacements and won the league anyway next year. So as long as you have talented youngsters coming from U-19/Reserve team, then it's actually good to get rid of moaning stars to give chance to other.

My Ajax game always ends up in 5-6 years to the point where I have like £50m transfer money and sell around £20m worth players every summer, don't buy nobody, bank balance is like £100m and shareholders take hefty dividends every year.

With league you mean 'Dutch Eredivisie' I suppose?

I am kind of aiming for CL. My reserve team is like a subtopper in Eredivisie if it would play there. Got to semi final in Dutch tourny, lost @ penalty's against PSV:p.

Think my team can have a shot at Cl this year....

With league you mean 'Dutch Eredivisie' I suppose?

I am kind of aiming for CL. My reserve team is like a subtopper in Eredivisie if it would play there. Got to semi final in Dutch tourny, lost @ penalty's against PSV:p.

Think my team can have a shot at Cl this year....

It's the different approach to management.

I manage Ajax in the way that I never spend any transfer money. I use squad that I have and develop my own youngsters to stars. Sell those who want to leave and try to take maximum with this squad. If I would rebuild Ajax to some sort of superclub it would be very boring in Eredivisie after 2 seasons.

But it doesn't mean that I have no chance in CL. I'm now in 2010 and have exactly the same squad as IRL Ajax has atm (9.0.3. patch, so Huntelaar is gone) and I managed to get to CL semi finals (lost 3-5 against Barca).

Archived