Players with high important match and physical/mental attitude

Players like Rooney, Tevez are good at these attitudes, I have no problem with that, but that makes them unstoppable in many important national matches, no matter what you do they will keep crush your defense line. I played Brazil met Argentina in World Cup semi final, save and loaded about 10 times, almost every time Tevez was able to score freaky goals(Maradona effect and crazy high free kick score rate). In real life they are good in important matches but not that crazy.

Players like Rooney, Tevez are good at these attitudes, I have no problem with that, but that makes them unstoppable in many important national matches, no matter what you do they will keep crush your defense line. I played Brazil met Argentina in World Cup semi final, save and loaded about 10 times, almost every time Tevez was able to score freaky goals(Maradona effect and crazy high free kick score rate). In real life they are good in important matches but not that crazy.

It is just the way the game works. Every time you saved and reloaded Tevez would receive the same boosts from his Important Match attribute, rivalry and manager motivation etc. meaning he was always likely to score if he got near your box. The key is to stop him getting there.

I used Hard Tackling on him every match but didn't work.

Maybe try light tackling? Doesn't he have monster stats that makes him near impossible to tackle anyway? Now he simply evades and moves around you into the open space.

Double coverage can be a useful tactic.

Set one player (midfielder, usu) to Man Marking: Tevez, Tight Marking YES. Set another player (defender) to Man Marking: Tevez, Tight Marking NO.

This is going to leave you holes elsewhere, but, if you're convinced that you absolutely have to stop Tevez to get anything out of the match, it should help accomplish that goal.

I had a winger who tore me up match in, match out - until I double-covered him with my MR and DR set as described; he exhausted himself trying to find space, failed to provide a goal or an assist, and was subbed off as ineffective by the 60th minute.

Good luck - and see the T&TT forum for further information.

Archived