Declaring Interest

Maybe asked before but I thought of the following and wondered why this was not in the game.

When you have been at your club a long while and a perfect new challenge comes up or your local team want you to go back and lead them to glory can we not have an option to declare interest in the job without the knowledge of the board therefore not ruining any ties with your current club.

If the said club is interested in you then they will make an official approach.

I ask this due to the fact I was with my Bradford team for 6 seasons before wanting a new challenge and rather than be jobless decided I would stay at Bradford if no other job came up. The Crewe job came up and I admitted interest to which my board were deeply upset with me.

Would make sense.

I do however find it ODD that the board will be upset when you declare interest in a job, if you're coaching like Bristol City in League 2 and the job you declare interest in is Manchester United... I mean, doesn't make sense. I guess they could be a bit unhappy about their manager wanting to leave, but I really doubt they'd go out and moan in media and such, considering... Who would NOT be interested in leaving Bristol City for Manchester United?

TBF, applying or declaring interest in the Man Utd job when your Bristol City in League 2 would be stupid, as your rep would never be high enough to get that job.

Unless, you had moved down the leagues to manage Bristol City.

Declaring your interest if to come out publicly and say it. So there's no chance the board wouldn't know.

What about applying to another team? Shouldn't that be pretty inofficial? Yet the board always knows when you've done it. :confused:

Archived