Football Manger 2007 Corrupt file..HELP NEEDED!

Hi

I am in need of some desperate help!!

Up until last week I have had Football Manager 2007 running on my PC with no problems at all. Then last week i tried to load up a saved game, when a pop up came up saying could not load game. I was then taken back to the windows desktop where another pop up game up saying fm.exe - Corrupt File (The file or directory C: is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. I then tried to load up a new game but after trying to load up i get a message saying Team_Award_data was unreadable and get taken back to the desktop where the message fm.exe - Corrupt File (The file or directory C: is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility, pops up again.

I have tried running the chkdsk utility but it showed no errors. I have also tried uninstalling the game and deleted all files relating to the game from my C drive but that hasn't worked. I have also tried to Restore my pc to an earlier date but yet gain i still get the same error messages.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Matt

Are there any scratches in the disc?

I noticed that if my disc has a bad scratch it won't work properly, and using the disc to install the game will not work as the scratch will prevent it from copying files to your computer.

Stevie,

My disk is in pretty good condition with no scratches, i have also borrowed a mates disk what i know works fine but i still get the same messages!

I really don't no what else to try.

Any other ideas???

Cheers

Matt

Archived