Win not good enough for Fans!

I've noticed this message has appeared in my inbox a couple of times after a win against a team who are considerably poorer than me. However this last occurance takes the biscuit! I play as Man Utd (I know, I'm making the game easy but they are my team IRL so I just can't manage anyone else!) anyway going into the last game of the season we are level on 88 points with Arsenal but hold a slender 2 goal advantage in goal difference (scored one less but conceeded 3 fewer). We are playing away at Leeds whilst Arsenal are at home to Newcastle.

We win the game 0-3 and subsequently the league on goal difference (Arsenal won 3-1), I click continue and get a message stating that the local radio (or was it 5-Live) show was inundated with calls from angry supporters bemoaning the teams lack of goals (or similar words). Now whilst I understand that all fans want their team to score a hatful in every game, we had just won the league by goal difference from Arsenal and had beaten one of our fiercest rivals 0-3 on their own patch!

I then checked the match confidence and this was 'very good' and the post match views of the reporter were good as well. Surely this needs to be looked at by SI as the news item about the radio phone-in should never have happened!

Archived