Players wanting away

Ive just finished my 1st season with Sunderland and finished 10th. I havnt even started my 2nd season and all my star players from my 1st season want to leave (Vukcevic, Polak, Albin, Ferdinand, Malbranque, Gordon). Surely this wouldnt happen anyway but the fact I finished 10th and the SOL getting extended to 60,000 wouldnt make people want to leave after 1 year. I feel my team is just going to fall apart now after just 1 season. Makes me think what is the point in buying good players if its going to backfire on you so soon.

Buy players that haven't fulfilled their potential. Players that can develop will usually stay and be happy until you can't develop them farther. When they've fulfilled their potential, if you're lucky, the teams' success have given them the team as favourite and then they won't be eager to leave.

Otherwise, only buy unamibitious and very loyal players... :p

You have to increase club reputation to keep your players not wanting away (to bigger club or to further career etc.).

Another thing is that they want new challenge if they've spent several years in one team.

I take this as a normal progress of things and don't hold anybody back. If they want to go, they can go (but for good money, of course).

You have to increase club reputation to keep your players not wanting away (to bigger club or to further career etc.).

Another thing is that they want new challenge if they've spent several years in one team.

I take this as a normal progress of things and don't hold anybody back. If they want to go, they can go (but for good money, of course).

Sorry but I disagree with that. I have (apparently according to the message I get regarding the Boards happiness) managed to drastically increase my clubs reputation yet I get at least one or two players a year who state they have lost their hunger for the game and need a new challenge. It doesn't make sense to me when the club are winning trophies (unless of-course the players concerned aren't playing or want to move to their favourite club!).

Archived