General Slowness

Now I don't have the most powerful of systems but it seems to be able to handle most modern games without any problem....all that is apart from FM09. My system spec is as follows:

Intel Pentium 2.8ghz (2 processors)

2 GB RAM

tons of HD space

Geforce 7900 GTX

100% up to date drivers for BIOS, Direct X, Graphics and Sound cards etc

As I said this isn't the top of the range beast of a gaming machine yet I do seem to get a really slow response when playing FM09.

The two most annoying things are that when in the match itself (and I'm only watching the text commentary) the game seems to pause for 10-15 seconds whenever the game clock hits certain points during the match usually at around 7-8 mins, 22-23 mins and 52-53 mins as if the cpu is having a think (I'm sure it's having a think of how it can cheat and make me lose, lol).

Also the game has this really annoying thing where I click on the 'continue' button at the top (or whatever it is saying on there at the time) and it does nothing, the animation of it actually depressing happens but it sometimes takes me several attempts before it actually does what I am asking.

The rest of the game runs okay, it could be a little bit faster at processing and moving forwards but I am running more than one league (5 in total) and I don't mind this taking a bit longer (it takes me back to the old days) but these 2 bits I mentioned are really annoying. Graphics wise I have no probelms as if I do play in 3D it's relatively smooth enough, I just can't be arsed to wait for 1-2 mins for the game to 'set-up'.

Does anyone else have these problems and more importantly what can I do to stop them, if anything given my current spec.

Oh and just to add I have very few processes runnning in the background, I do lots of music production on this computer and have sorted that side of things out so I only have the bare minimum running whic takes up not even a 5th of my memory

Archived