SI get the Manager Reputation sorted.

I went Augsburg (German Second Division).

Season 1: I was predicted 14th - Finished 5th

Season 2: Predicted 8th - Finished 1st - Champions and Promoted.

Season 3: Predicted last in German Premier League - Finished 6th.

Season 4: Predicted 7th - Finished 3rd Qualified for Champions League - Got to Uefa Cup Quarter Finals.

I resign for a new challenge, and not even teams in the French 2nd Division will look at me. They Laugh off interest.

That's not right. I was only National rep.

Get it sorted.

maybe its because you used a team with low rep itself and only people in germany would really know about it..its just like in real life when a team like cfr cruj or whatever the name is qualify for the champions league 9/10 times nobody knows the teams star player nevermind the manager so i think SI got this department on point

In fairness, your European exploits only took you to the quater-finals of the UEFA Cup, albeit via the Champions League, in one season.

Credit where credit is due, you've made very good progress with a very small club, but just think about it a bit more. Let's say that Dundee United managed to break into the top two in Scotland and qualify for the Champions league. Clearly their manager would be highly praised in Scotland, perhaps even moreso if he reached the quater-finals of the UEFA Cup, but realistically he wouldn't instantly command a "continental" reputation from the merits of one season's exploits.

Arguably, you've jumped the gun and left too soon. Maybe another season with a similar performance might have pushed you closer and more realistically towards "continental" reputation. Also, you made no mention of actually winning trophies at the highest level, such as the domestic cup. This would have made a considerable impact on your reputation without a doubt.

There's nothing wrong with that picture. You were only National level and that's fair enough. You'd achieved nothing outside of Germany, and inside Germany you hadn't done that much either. There's no reason why anyone outside of Germany would be looking at you with that record. Yes, you overachieved a little, but not notably and you've not won anything important/major.

If you wanna increase reputation... Take over a decent Oceania National Team and win the OCENC. Will bring your world reputation up a bit while it's not too hard to win, if you get one of the decent countries, like Fiji or New Zealand.

In my current career game, I'm finding the opposite is true; my reputation seems to be too high.

I started at Wuxi Zhongbang in the Chinese 1st division. Over the course of five years, I got promotion to the Super League, then back to back titles. Now, I know that's a pretty impressive achievement, but after I left the club, I was getting job offers from teams like Juventus (who were the defending Serie A champions). I didn;t even apply to them, they just came out of the blue with an offer.

I could understand maybe low-mid table teams from the big nations being interested, but it seems pretty far fetched that one of the worlds biggest clubs would hire someone who's only managerial experience was five, albeit very successful, years in China (when big clubs do sign managers with limited experience, there's usually some connection with the club, eg Guardiola (sp?) at Barca)

Oh, my initial reputation was "professional footballer" and my nationality was English + American. So I could maybe see an English team being interested.

that says it all ;)

But professional footballer isn't (or shouldn't) be massive reputation. I could understand if I was an ex-international, but a professional footballer could be someone who spent his entire career in League 2. Even someone on the top end of the bracket would probably only be know in his home nation.

But professional footballer isn't (or shouldn't) be massive reputation. I could understand if I was an ex-international, but a professional footballer could be someone who spent his entire career in League 2. Even someone on the top end of the bracket would probably only be know in his home nation.

True...but I don't remember well now, is there both Professional footballer and ex-international as options to choose? If so then yeah... your rep has gone way too high...

Anyway Son_of_William, are you able to manage any medium/high german bundesliga teams? If not than there's something wrong.

@Skorp, taking a team that was predicted to finish 14th in the 2nd division....bring it up and qualify to the champions league in 4 seasons I think's a little bit more than "overachieving"... it seems like a MUST to win something in order to manage top teams (even reamaining in your division) but I don't see it that way :)

If in real life I'm the manager of Mantova in Italy, and in 4 years take them to the champions league...I'm a national hero trust me :D

Isn't that quite natural, though? Foreign clubs only notice managers that win trophies, how insignificant those trophies may be. You can overachieve ALOT with a bad club, but it won't spread much. You'll be praised in your country, and maybe, if you're lucky, neighbouring countries will notice it too.

Isn't that quite natural, though? Foreign clubs only notice managers that win trophies, how insignificant those trophies may be. You can overachieve ALOT with a bad club, but it won't spread much. You'll be praised in your country, and maybe, if you're lucky, neighbouring countries will notice it too.

But in some cases you can't even get a job in the country where you had success. For example, I have just taken Volta Redonda from the bottom of the Brazilian third division all the way to the First in three seasons. I even briefly gained a continental reputation, but now I am being rejected by Second and Third Division clubs.

A manager taking a nothing team (without heaps of money) to the champions league in a decent league would be hot property.

Really? Then name the manager of BATE to me, as well as five of their keyplayers without looking anywhere. Failed? I bet.

Whoever that's managing them took a belarusian team to CL... he'll hardly be noticed unless he does it again.

But in some cases you can't even get a job in the country where you had success. For example, I have just taken Volta Redonda from the bottom of the Brazilian third division all the way to the First in three seasons. I even briefly gained a continental reputation, but now I am being rejected by Second and Third Division clubs.

Yea, okay, THAT sounds pretty odd. :)

Really? Then name the manager of BATE to me, as well as five of their keyplayers without looking anywhere. Failed? I bet.

Whoever that's managing them took a belarusian team to CL... he'll hardly be noticed unless he does it again.

I said a decent league.

The OP's past experience might be helpful here, I'd guess it wouldn't be pro or international.

Assuming that's the case, after just 4 years with a low reputation club, it's unlikely that Europe's elite clubs would be interested in his services, eve after his huge over-achievements. Ultimately, he never won a trophy of note, generally only ex internationals or managers with a long career in the business will attract the interest in top clubs from outwith their own nation.

However, if he were to apply for positions, the, theoretically, that means he has sent in a resume, and a chairman in France's second division would surely see him as exactly the type of manager that would get his side promoted, and certainly wouldn't laugh him off.

National reputation is still correct though, no way should it be continental yet.

I'm sure that there have a fair number of small european clubs who have improved greatly in their national league and then had one decent season in Europe. Im damned if I can remember their names though, let alone their managers name... seems correct to me.

As for having to win something to be recognised... I also think this is fair enough. Mourinho was doing well in Portugal when his side beat Man U and went on to take the CL trophy. Suddenly he was getting big job offers. Now, would they have all still come in if Porto had gone out in the Quarters... Im not so sure. History remembers the winners.

Yea but look at Mourinho's career:

1997-2000 Barcelona B

2000 Benfica

2001-2002 União Leiria

2002-2004 Porto

2004-2007 Chelsea

2008- Inter

He didn't win anything before getting to Porto, but he got there. In football manager it's almost impossible to get to a top team unless you win something (starting with the lowest reputation of course).

I can see both sides of the argument. The OP certainly shouldn't have had a continental reputation, but he should have a decent chance of getting a job at a "second tier" club in most European leagues.

The very biggest clubs will only recruit manager who've won something, but other teams should be impressed by rapid progress through the leagues even if it doesn't result in silverware. At present taking the heavy favourites to first place in the league gets you a better reputation than taking the worst team to second place.

To give a contemporary example, nobody thinks Mick McCarthy is a better manager than Roberto Martinez. A mid-table Premier League club might approach Martinez with a job offer, but they wouldn't touch McCarthy with a barge-pole.

well the game is build in this way: (using a genie scout you will understand easier)

There are 3 type of reputation:

Home=your rep in your country(your nationality)

Current (reputation in the championship were you are in this moment)and

World reputation(rep in all the other countries)

So you have quite good rep. in Germany and you'll probably receive offers from there in an end.

Rep is measured from 1 to 10.000

I am at Farsley Celtic and after 5 seasons(4 promotions,2 league wins,3 cup finals) I have 6687 current rep(in England), 3812 Home rep(in Romania as my nationality) and 3134 world rep. With this rep. neither I receive offers from 2nd leagues from countries like Germany or France but from England and some smaller from Romania 2nd league. there is also a system of reputation for leagues in every countries from 1 to 20 and that is also important

Archived