Whats Your Greatest Comeback?

mine was being 4-0 down to Portugal in my first game as manager of Croatia and i brought it back 4-4......nice way to impress me.

also what is your greatest failed come back like if you were 5-0 down and come back 5-4?

3-0 down to Croatia at half time in the World Cup quarter final. I give my Ivory Coast squad some harsh words, and they come back to win 4-3 with a last minute winner from the makeshift centre forward of Abdoulaye Meite. Great game. Gave me belief in my time. Lost 1-0 to Italy in the semis.

As Altrincham, then of the BSP with an FA Cup match against Leeds United. 3-0 down at half-time, at Elland Road. Enter the inevitable "Angry" team-talk, a couple of subs, some passing and tempo alterations and a huge bump to mentality. 3-1 within minutes of the re-start, 3-2 with 5 minutes to go and an equalizer in injury time. Bliss! :D

Won the replay 1-0 at home. Double bliss!!

Although I've had plenty of interesting games, that was my particular favorite.

comeback to win or comeback to draw?

To win was 3-2 from 2-0 down at half time on CM4!

To draw was 2-0 down, last 15 minutes 2-2 to keep me up, last minute header from my star "depressed" centre back, i can safely say i shed a tear when i watched Toldo run up the pitch and join in the celebration.

Managing Man Utd in the 1st season, I was down to 2 goals against Arsenal just the 1st few matches in EPL. And I managed to score three past Arsenal in the second half. Thanks to the red card from Diaby and a stunning goals from Rooney at 87 min.

He got the ball at the right edge of penalty box, and he shoot to the far post and went in after hitting the left post! Stunning@

Managing Man Utd in the 1st season, I was down to 2 goals against Arsenal just the 1st few matches in EPL. And I managed to score three past Arsenal in the second half. Thanks to the red card from Diaby and a stunning goals from Rooney at 87 min.

He got the ball at the right edge of penalty box, and he shoot to the far post and went in after hitting the left post! Stunning@

was on FM08.

I was Crewe & getting beat by Yeovil away 3-0 at half time & was down to 10 men.

At half time I said i expected nothing less than a win. Changed formation to 3-3-3. I won 4-3 scoring on 89 & 90.

League Cup Final, 3-0 down at half-time, concede a fourth in 60th minute. Get back to 4-3 going into injury time after switching to all out attack. Level it at 4-4 in 92nd minute, i change to time wasting and to defensive to take game into extra time.

They score with THE last kick of the game to win in the 94th minute, I was devastated.

My greatest comeback was when i was managing Tottenham. I hadnt been having the best season and when i came to play Arsenal i thought i was going to recieve a real beating.

I came in at half time 2-0 down with all my players on 5's and things were not looking to good. Then they scored straight from the kick off to make it 3-0.

I changed it around bringing some attack minded players on and changing my formation to a 4-2-4. I clawed 3 goals back through Bent, Dos Santos and Woodgate before Aaron Lennon popped up in the 94th minute with a great solo effort to give me the win. The crowd went crazy and i started jumping around the Livingroom. Good Times!

I was Leyton Orient, newly promoted to the prem and getting thrashed at home 4-0 by Chelsea at H/T. Made subs, went 4-1-3-2 and Darren Eadie scored 4 to get me even. We hit the post from a corner in the last minute, Chelsea countered and scored to beat me 5-4. I don't think I've ever been quite the same since that day.

(Think it was back in CM3)

I lost the first leg of a CL quarter final 6-2 away, and went 1-0 down at home by halftime. Ripped into the team at halftime and pulled out a 5-1 victory, went through on away goals. Barcelona destroyed me in the Semi but for a small club's first venture into the CL it was quite an amazing feat over a much larger club.

last match of the season, I am barnet and i need a point to avoid relegation from the Premier League. Only problem being that i am away to Arsenal!

Adebayor gives them the lead in the first 10 minutes and it is looking like a sticky situation. I weather the storm for the next 80 minutes and score with barely any time left on the clock. Then all out defense for a few heart wrenching minutes before getting the point i need.

Doest sound like a great comeback, being only 1-0 down, but against arsenal at the emirates when you are tiny barnet and with your premiership dreams int he balance? I'd say it was something special .... to me anyway

in champions league quarter final.

lost 6-0 in 1st leg away. but at home came back won it 7-1 so 7-7 then in et i scored twice so won it 9-7!

Then in semi final i lost 5-1 in 1st leg. Then 2nd leg was 4-0 up in 89th min so would win on away goals then they scored a winner.

This is quite clearly a load of bull as champions league knockout ties use the away goal rule , so you would have been eliminated on away goals. So as there wasnt any extra time you quite clearly are trying to impress other users with bull. One needs to purchase a life one believes.

I was beating Ajax 4-0 at half time, only to be beaten by Suarez' 5 goals

I can beat that - I was up 5-0 up from the first leg AWAY in the Champions League Semi-Final against Ajax. I was Chelsea.

6-0 at Stamford Bridge to the Dutchmen.

And that was that!

in champions league quarter final.

lost 6-0 in 1st leg away. but at home came back won it 7-1 so 7-7 then in et i scored twice so won it 9-7!

Then in semi final i lost 5-1 in 1st leg. Then 2nd leg was 4-0 up in 89th min so would win on away goals then they scored a winner.

Surely you would have gone out on away goals when the 90 mins were up?

This is quite clearly a load of bull as champions league knockout ties use the away goal rule , so you would have been eliminated on away goals. So as there wasnt any extra time you quite clearly are trying to impress other users with bull. One needs to purchase a life one believes.

Beat me to it with a scathing summing up!

Champions League Quater... or maybe it was the semi final, against Barcelona.

Note: Below is a brief summary of a match, only regen's names have been used with real players names being replaced. This will be shown as the real players will have their name in quotation marks. For example: Jake Buxton => "Joseph Burton"

Away to Barcelona in the first leg, spirits are high.

16' - French internation Gehin turns his man, gets one on one with the keeper and makes it 1-0 for Barcelona

37' - Gehin is again in the thick of things, but this time sending in a beautiful cross perfectly to "Bob", who slots it home easily. 2-0 to Barcelona.

42' - What a cracker from "Andy Graham". 35 yards odd out. Keeper had no chance. It's 3-0 to Barcelona!

HT - Barcelona are in control here at 3-0. Gehin has torn the Derby defense to shreads.

55' - Derby finally get on the scoresheet, and it's Guignard. Good cross from "Walton" to find him. It's 3-1 now.

62' - It's 3-2 now. Buxton slots it home cooler after from tidy play from Guignard on the edge of the box.

81' - It's Ivan for Derby!!! What a magnificent goal! It's all level! Barcelona managed to clear from the corner, but only to Ivan just outside the corner of the box, who put it into the top corner of the net! That was a candidant for goal of the season! 3-3!

FT - Derby have hit back in spectacular fashion against the Spanish Champions. Guignard revived the Rams with some good finishing and some very tidy work to set up Buxton. But the goal of the match was undoubtably Ivan's equaliser.

The home leg was a very different story, with my Rams side destroying Barcelona 4-0. Guignard, "Walton" and Ivan were all heavily involved in the thrashing with all three grabbing a goal for their troubles. Final Score (on Agg.) Derby 7 - 3 Barcelona.

I remember in 07 with AFC Wimbledon in the conference south I think it was, 2-0 down in the playoff final and I score two goals, one in the last minute. In extra time I score twice to go on and ge the first of my promotions to the championship (where I drew from 4-2 up, finishing in the playoffs which I lose, AFC wimbledon went into financial meltdown soon after)

On 09, 2012 First Knockout Round CL- Sunderland v Barcelona

Managed to beat them at the Stadium Of Light 1-0, First Leg.

Travelled to Camp Nou, I was getting beat 2-0 before HT and heading out of the CL. Kierrison and Marquinhos popped up to level the score and the comeback was completed on 90+2 when Valdes had come up for a corner and I counter attacked quickly and Kierrison wrapped up the comeback with a tap in into an empty net.

Agg win of 4-2 :D

Archived