Stupid Board of club

I had to send my computer to have windows reinstalled after having major issues with blue screens of death. I got it back yesterday reinstalled all software including FM 09 and started a tesr game to see if I could get through a whole match this time yes it worked .So today started today with shrewsbury took a look at my staff and decided to sack the fitness coach as his fitness coaching was about one or two.

Looked the staff search looking for a new fitness coach and approached a fitness coach with a fitness rating of 18 he agreed terms but the board are blocking his appointment saying "They feel we do not need another coach." Why have a fitness coach in the first place.:rolleyes: but you won`t let me hire a new one.:confused:

This was posted earlier today with the same problem with an Ass Man. It's because you have too many coaches in total and need to free up some space on the coaching staff in order to get a new one. If that doesn't work, it is probably a bug and can only be fixed by using an editor such as FMRTE to add staff in.

HTH :)

This was posted earlier today with the same problem with an Ass Man. It's because you have too many coaches in total and need to free up some space on the coaching staff in order to get a new one. If that doesn't work, it is probably a bug and can only be fixed by using an editor such as FMRTE to add staff in.

HTH :)

How can you add staff with RTE?

Very simply it's just a case of firing your current fitness coach and hiring the new one. Although you know that you are hiring as a replacement, as far as the board are concerned you are just adding more and more staff. At smaller clubs you tend to have to get rid of the crap one first in order to get the new one. Especially with ass managers, just have to bite the bullet and let the guy go and THEN hire the new one.

Failing that it might be worth clearing out a few of your coaches and then hiring some that have better general ratings, especially your assistant manager who should also be doing the dirty work in training. Ps. Do you have an youth coaches? If so offer new contract as a normal coach to train everyone.

This was posted earlier today with the same problem with an Ass Man. It's because you have too many coaches in total and need to free up some space on the coaching staff in order to get a new one.

I just saw another thread where the poster experienced the same with his one-and-only physio. Now he can't get any physio at all. Looks like a bug to me.

It's clear the AI boards are programmed to demand a limit on the amount of coaches at the club, not taking into account what specific coaches are required. In other words if your limit is 5 you could hire 5 fitness coaches and nothing would be said. Silly really, it needs to be changed

It's clear the AI boards are programmed to demand a limit on the amount of coaches at the club, not taking into account what specific coaches are required. In other words if your limit is 5 you could hire 5 fitness coaches and nothing would be said. Silly really, it needs to be changed
When I first started Shewsbury has this as staff.

Asst manager

First team coach

Gk coach

Fitness coach

Youth coach

2 physios

I just saw another thread where the poster experienced the same with his one-and-only physio. Now he can't get any physio at all. Looks like a bug to me.

Yeah, that poster was me...

I'll try to fix the bug this evening or tomorrow morning, I'll report back whether the fmrte thing worked or not.

OK, I dealt with the problem. When I realized that it is not possible assigning a free physio to my club I just added 1 Mio EUR to my account, signed the physio (which was no problem any more) and set the balance back to the original value.

When I first started Shewsbury has this as staff.

Asst manager

First team coach

Gk coach

Fitness coach

Youth coach

2 physios

Yes and you may find that your limit is less than that which is another frustration. In other words if you sack one of the above you will not be allowed replace him as the staff size already exceeds the limit

Archived