Injury Bug?

Are you sure you have both downloaded and installed the patch correctly? Go in to preferences, and make sure you are on 9.0.3. If so, make sure your training workload is not too high, you have good fitness coaches and physios, and anyone playing has decent match fitness and condition (90%+ minimum, sub them if it goes below 70% during a match).

Just try and get through it and it will probably sort itself out. I recently signed upto manage MK Dons and had 9 first teamers out. I made sure I got a couple of good physios and it sorted itself out soon enough.

People time and time again come on here with injury problem bug, its CLEARLY a bug, but yet people on here make excuses etc, saying its real life and so on, this needs to be fixed.....

Bobkatfan, trust me, its a bug, just no-one will bloody admit to it, because it wont be fixed! As no-more patches will come out. (Working on Fm10)

People time and time again come on here with injury problem bug, its CLEARLY a bug, but yet people on here make excuses etc, saying its real life and so on, this needs to be fixed.....

Bobkatfan, trust me, its a bug, just no-one will bloody admit to it, because it wont be fixed! As no-more patches will come out. (Working on Fm10)

It's not a bug. There is nothing wrong with the injury level.

What bug? It's just unlucky, I know on my game I dont have a massive load of injuries..sometimes I'll have like 4 players out at a time, but thats normal..

Chin up.

So you believe that the average BSN team has half it's starting line-up out through the whole season.

Oh look I've just got someone back and now another players been injured.

No, but I'll believe in a heartbeat that a user can use training levels that are too high, play his players with too low a fitness level, use hard tackling at all times, and/or any combination thereof.

I DO NOT have injury problems. If I can get through a 50-plus-match season with less than thirty injuries total, SO CAN YOU. If you're not getting those results, then you are doing something I'm not, or I'm doing something you're not, or (most likely) both. But whichever, it not the game, IT'S YOU.

I was completely injury free in my entire time with Watford (up to January).

With Stuttgart I was injury free until schedules started to pile up (Uefa, Pokal and League) and I was playing people who were tired. Only one of the injuries were long term. Most teams get 4-6 players out with 2-3 week injuries, you just need to have a decent sized squad and not to over-do it with training.

On a side note, I do think FM goes a bit (just a bit) over the top with in game injuries (Ie MATCH injuries). Every game 5-6 players pick up "little knocks" and if they arent subbed off, they usually become a short term injury. SI do know that most injuries during a match are fake right? :D

No, but I'll believe in a heartbeat that a user can use training levels that are too high, play his players with too low a fitness level, use hard tackling at all times, and/or any combination thereof.

I DO NOT have injury problems. If I can get through a 50-plus-match season with less than thirty injuries total, SO CAN YOU. If you're not getting those results, then you are doing something I'm not, or I'm doing something you're not, or (most likely) both. But whichever, it not the game, IT'S YOU.

Most of my players have been injured in-game when there fitness level is85% or higher so tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Not exactly sure. You're not giving enough information. It's not all about fitness levels. But your inability to know the difference between "there" and "their" doesn't inspire me to being able to help you very much, regardless...

There is no bug. The average injury levels are pretty much exactly what they are IRL. Of course, some people will have a run of bad luck and get 7-8 first teamers out at once, thats inevitable with the number of people playing the game.

Incidentally, in my current game, I'm about halfway through a season with Osasuna in the LIGA adelante. I've not had more than two of my first team (including subs) injured at the same time. Indeed, I've had a couple of months with no first teamers injured at all.

So you believe that the average BSN team has half it's starting line-up out through the whole season.

Oh look I've just got someone back and now another players been injured.

Your training could be too hard. I dont get many injuries with a medium work load.

It's just luck, and also down to the training as well.

Have you got good physios? What is the condition when they get injured? What are your training levels like? Are your players injury prone?

There are quite a few factors that can have an impact, a big one being luck. There is no bug, teams do suffer from an injury crisis from time to time but that is only realistic.

There are quite a few factors that can have an impact, a big one being luck. There is no bug, teams do suffer from an injury crisis from time to time but that is only realistic.

I was bemoaning the injury bug last season when all my strikers got injured, this season I haven't had a single player out for more than 2 weeks. Luck is a major factor.

I heard David Moyes on the telly complaining about the same thing the other day. Clearly a mistake by SI.

Brilliant. Purely brilliant. :)

Anyways, I don't see any "injury" bug. I tend to have between 8 and 12 players injured at the same time, since I keep a squad around 30-35 players. Much could be due to training, some due to players playing too much.

There's too many factors you have to count on before you can start talking about bug... Like your players injury proneness, how much they play, how frequently play, what style of play there is (if your opponents always go hard tackling you're screwed!) and such.

Not exactly sure. You're not giving enough information. It's not all about fitness levels. But your inability to know the difference between "there" and "their" doesn't inspire me to being able to help you very much, regardless...

Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake - that sort of feedback makes all the difference.

Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake - that sort of feedback makes all the difference.

Actually, that kind of "mistake" makes quite a bit of difference in my initial assessment of your intelligence/level of education/maturity. "There" v "they're" v "their" and "you're" v "your" are quite common amongst the kids produced by modern public schools, and the students' dismissal of the mistake is often quite flippant. Such people are often too stuck in their own beliefs to take any criticism to heart, and thus, are less likely to be helped by me.

Rafa2007:

Are you or do you suspect the AI is going in "hard but fair" on his/your men? Do you have any knowledge of their Injury Proneness?

Rafa2007:

Are you or do you suspect the AI is going in "hard but fair" on his/your men? Do you have any knowledge of their Injury Proneness?

I'm not sure. The AI may be tackling hard, which of course will increase the likelihood of injury.

As far as I know my players aren't massive injury prone, ie, they dont have massive lay offs, sometimes niggling injuries, but you get that.

Swindon69, I missed it the first time...85% fitness is much too low to be starting your players unless it's the early preseason when no-one has any level of match fitness. And you will get more injuries then. Try 95% or better...

Easier said then done when you only have a first team squad of 18 players - however I do aim for 90% when I can. Unfortunately when you're in the BSN it isn't possible to carry a large squad,

Actually, that kind of "mistake" makes quite a bit of difference in my initial assessment of your intelligence/level of education/maturity. "There" v "they're" v "their" and "you're" v "your" are quite common amongst the kids produced by modern public schools, and the students' dismissal of the mistake is often quite flippant. Such people are often too stuck in their own beliefs to take any criticism to heart, and thus, are less likely to be helped by me.

Rafa2007:

Actually I'm normally extremely precise in both my spelling and word selection - however on this occasion I was in a hurry and didn't double check exactly what I'd typed. I aim to pick this sort of thing up before I post.

Also I am not a product of a modern public school and I rather find your tone both rather smug and patronising.

Having the same troube now. Oddly, it's waited about 25 seasons in but I'm getting about 3 a week. Training isn't harsh either. Had to resign at Northampton as about 70% of my first team were out for months. Just couldn't continue without buying a couple of free agents a week but this was killing us financially.

Have just completed my second season at Rangers and have yet to have an injury crisis. I don't remember not being able to fill my bench with 1st team squad members. It's not a bug, it's over-training, playing players not fit enough, bad physios, playing too many matches (1st teamers being available for reserve games? really!?), injury prone players, overly aggressive opponents and BAD LUCK.

If it was a bug, it would happen to everyone with every save they have and all of the time, and that isn't the case.

I've a feeling you are having a bad run of injuries in your current saves and are simply venting in frustration, which happens to us all with FM.

I think I saw somewhere that it's based on the injury table for the Premiership, if it's based on numbers rather then a percentage of squad size it would penalise smaller clubs, however I do accept a certain amount of frustration is involved.

I think I saw somewhere that it's based on the injury table for the Premiership, if it's based on numbers rather then a percentage of squad size it would penalise smaller clubs, however I do accept a certain amount of frustration is involved.

based on numbers rather than percentage of squad size is, in my opinion ,the right way to go.

the 'numbers' being spread across all the teams in the premiership. this allows for a certain level of randomness where sometimes you may get loads and other times you dont get many. but it would also be based on many other factors as to whetehr you get injuries.

if it was a percentage of squad size then you could guarnatee having a certain amount of injuires which would be wrong.

Rafa2007:

What a smug, arrogant and moronic thing to say! Also, it has no bearing on the topic at hand!

Archived