Bug or no Bug?

I hope it is as i found it a tad silly. Right story goes like this, was manager of York City, was offered the job with Wolves who have recently been relegated from the Premier Division. So i take over before the new season starts, i.e Wolves still showing in Premier League as relegated, im my 3rd friendly game into the new season, Wolves have a great squad so im trying to keep hold of as much of them as possible, Gamst Pedersen has moved to Man UTd, but apart from that no real big players have left.

Ive Won 2 of the three friendlies and drawn one. However, in the confidence section, im told The board are disappointed the club is not held in as high regard as it once was, and this has my overall confidence as "The board feel you should be performing slightly better in your role as manager".

Now my reputation may not be great on the game yet, but come on, give me a bloody chance!!

As you have described it, you took over before the league reset date, so the game still thinks you took over in thire relegation season. After the reset date, the game will have dramaticly lowered Wolves reputation (or, as the board refer to it, 'club stature') as they were relegated and are now of a lower reputation/stature. As you were in charge when this change was made, you are blamed for it. So, you could call it a bug, or maybe just a 'coding overlook', if you like. Should hopefully be fixed for FM10 with a bit of luck.

Archived