Idea - Pre-match Dressing Room Atmosphere

This is already reflected in a small way, through Player Reactions.

XXX is looking forward to facing Team A

or

XXX is not sure about facing Team A

Granted not all players react, but not everyone is the same anyway. Some just can't be bothered.

Would be a good addition imo

There's no reason why a manager/backroom staff can't tell how players are feeling before a game, team talks need to be reactional to the atmosphere - energising if the team are feeling flat, calming if they're overly excited etc.

I also think the team talk should be separate to the individual talks too, there should be an overal team talk of "Stick to the plan lads, you can do it" but then more specific motivational speeches to individual players

Sounds a good idea at first, but if you think of it, player morale, general happiness and player reactions are more than enough to indicate where the team's going to. On the other hand, we could have a "general idea" of the team as a whole, so why not.

Sounds a good idea at first, but if you think of it, player morale, general happiness and player reactions are more than enough to indicate where the team's going to. On the other hand, we could have a "general idea" of the team as a whole, so why not.

I see what you're saying, but morale doesn't necessarily have anything to do with confidence or happiness. My morale in work is low, but my confidence in doing my job is high and in general i'm happy :D

IMO there needs to be a greater insight into how the team as a whole feel, going into a match. Knowing that one or two players are over-confident or nervous isn't enough, I want to know how my team feel, not individuals. The current system may give us some help in assignign team talks to individuals, but they are few and far between and team talks still feel like a complete lottery.

If I go in at half time and the dressing room atmosphere is "think the job is done", I can choose "don't get complacent", or "don't feel they can turn the game around" I can choose "encourage/we can win this".

Archived