Becoming a natural

IMHO the whole idea of being able to train a player into becoming a natural defeats the purpose of being a natural. Perhaps it's just semantics...

I seem to recall statements on this board that it wasn't possible to train a player into a natural position, so I thought I'd post some proof to the contrary.

IMHO the whole idea of being able to train a player into becoming a natural defeats the purpose of being a natural. Perhaps it's just semantics...

I know where people are coming from when they say this - but seeing that a position on a football field isnt' something you're born with "natural" is the wrong word.

Someone who is listed as Natural as a midfield will be because that's the position he's been made to play in as a kid growing up, either through personal preference or a coach putting him there. It's no different later on, so it's still possible for somone to be trained into being "Natural" at a different position from their teenage years.

There are too many famour players to mention that played in a different position at academy level than they do "Naturally" play now.

Archived