Player Feuds

Hey guys.

Currently in 2010/2011 season with Aston Villa. Just got past xmas and sitting in 2nd, with good form.

However, back in November Ashley Young revealed he dislikes Miguel Veloso, a signing from my first season, who is one of my better performers, bangs in a fair few goals considering my defensive tactics for him and is always first name on the team sheet for me.

Didn't think a lot of it as I've had this a few times before in other games and they ended up resolving their differences.

However Curtis Davies, my vice captain and 1st choice cb has now also come out and said he dislikes Veloso ?!?!?

I really don't want to sell either Davies or Young as they are key english players for me that i need registered for Europe. I also dont want to sell veloso but I dont see how I can get the harmony back in the squad easily.

Any ideas?

Try offering Davies and Young new contracts. That normally shuts them up.

However, if more and more players dislike Velose, say 4 or 5 of your first team, then that would be a situation where you would have to sell Veloso and use the money on someone else of similar quality

I've found on my Man City save that Veloso is a bit of a disruptive player. A bigger club declared interest in him at the end of the first season and i refused to sell him and he went the whole of the 2nd season unhappy. His performances didn't drop but his hapiness said he was looking to move to a bigger club. Now i'm in October of the third season and he's not unhappy now we're in the Champions' League yet every game my assistant tells me he's looking complacent and that we should walk the game.

I've had a similar problem that Veloso has been unsettled and wanted to leave but when hes gone public with it ive always managed to convince him to stick with us as I've finished 5th two seasons running and been close to CL qualifying. Anyway, he Davies and Young have all signed new contracts and seem to have forgotten that they dont get on, for now...

Cheers everyone for the inputs (Y)

Archived