Your Football Manager Nationality

When you take over a team in any country, do you put down your true nationality or do you just use the same nationality as where you are managing?

My reason for asking is that i believe this can have an effect on your first season in charge...

Personally i put my true nationality (Sudan)and sometimes i put england as a second nationality...

When you take over a team in any country, do you put down your true nationality or do you just use the same nationality as where you are managing?

My reason for asking is that i believe this can have an effect on your first season in charge...

Personally i put my true nationality (Sudan)and sometimes i put england as a second nationality...

Australian (where I've lived for almost all my life), and 2nd Hong Kong (where I was born). Although it helps you get the national job for your country, I've never had the temptation to alter my nationality. It's fun to see on the VERY rare occurance that someone from Hong Kong is produced from my youth academy.

yeh i always put English, which is my nationality, but I still manage to usually get a lower league job in Sweden. I also enjoy it how quickly you learn the language when your managing in that nation. If only i was really that good at learning foreign languages..

Ok I am slightly more random. I am a NEw Zealander, but in football manager my own nationality depends on a lot of factors. Currently I am Czech and Croation playing in Slovenia. I was Bosnian playing in Serbia before that. I just like to have some fun with the nationality.

I always put my true nationality which is English. I cannot put my true 2nd nationality though as the country is not on the game, Gibraltar. Its a shame because I heard UEFA was going to let them compete in the next round of EURO Championship qualifiers. Maybe I could get a game. Imagine that drawn in the same group as England and the first game is at Wembely, I get the ball and meg Steven Gerrard and crunch Wayne Rooney and then.............. Sorry got carried away there, I can still dream!!!

In fact if I did play for the Gibraltar national side it would have at least one distinct advantage. When I start a new game on FM I can put my past playing experience as International Footballer and I would never have to feel guilty about doing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

True nationality when managing in UK but nation dependant when I dont. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

I normally play as English, 'cos I am, but on the odd occasion I do select a 2nd nationality or different 1st nationality. When playing as Eng. I just use my real name but when I change nat. I like to de-anglicise my name e.g. if playing as French: Napoleon de Jeannes or Brazilian: Nelsinho Juarez...

Little things amuse little minds...

Archived