tactical gamble fails?

hello everyone.

has anyone seen this?

i'm managing luton and i'm 8th place in the championship with luton in 2017. we had a game against birmingham, which we lost 2-0. after the match i had a news item saying that my tactical gamble failed, that my "previously untested 4-5-1 proved disastrous as luton slumped to defeat." the thing is that i started with the same 4-4-2 as i always start with. the only thing that happened is that at one time in the game i decided to sub a striker and bring in an attacking midfielder, when we were 2-0 down. it's not a big deal, it's just a minor bug.

really? it happens quite a few times. it's nice when you've used the same 442 for a long time and you've lost the last few games and then decide to change it, and you win it and get the news item that your tactical gamble was successful. so, i'm not really complaining because it is a great game :)

by the way, is anyone else annoyed by the press conferences? they were a nice touch at first but now i just find myself telling my assistant to attend every time.

I like the idea of it, but its very annoying when, as the OP said, you start with your usual formation, change it because your losing and then still lose. Saying that the tactical gamble didn't work is technically true, but we were losing with normal tactics anyway!

I hadn't won in 10 games with my usual 4-4-2 and so switched to a 5-3-2. After losing my next game I had a media report saying that the fans feel that after failing to win for 11 games they felt it was because I wasn't prepared to change from my 5-3-2 formation and that maybe it was time I tried something new.:confused:

I like the idea of it, but its very annoying when, as the OP said, you start with your usual formation, change it because your losing and then still lose. Saying that the tactical gamble didn't work is technically true, but we were losing with normal tactics anyway!

It's journalists reporting it; it needn't be accurate -like transfer rumours. it is a nice touch just to see hacks being so wrong about you!

I found the opposite the other day. I've been playing a bog-standard 442 for about eight years now. Occasionally used to push the widemen up but I haven't decided to do that in a few seasons. But recently I've been trying to get my youngsters involved, and for a few games I played a 4411 with them. Switched back to 442 to play my strongest team, then after winning I got told I was a "tinkerer" and my "tactical surprise" was what won me the match. Odd.

Archived