Form

Needs to play a much, much bigger part in this game.

While we have things like reputation, form is much more of a factor. Things like how Carlton Cole is called up for England because he's in good form (not because he's brilliant) - ahead of Michael Owen, who is better but lacks all the form in the world.

You also see managers call up players for internationals who are on brilliant form although not brilliant, and occasionally end up finding them as the last piece of the jigsaw and they end up becoming key players at international level.

I know reputation sort of handles this but it is a little bothersome because a lot of the time you see strikers averaging less than 7.00 being called up for top international sides (say Italy, England, etc.) while lesser strikers who average near 8.00 and who aren't that much worse being ignored. This doesn't happen in real-life.

The AI does select on Form no? it happens on my game

But not to a huge extent. For example, in real-life, players that simply don't lose form end up displacing players that seemed better at the time but aren't. And Carlton Cole would probably never be used as much in the England squad in the game.

I doubt he'll get back in the england squad, although we're bereft of decent strikers. I will keep my eye on this, because i think that the y should make it more form based, depending on the manager. If Sven was England manager Beckham would have had his 100th cap by now... oh wait.

Perhaps a little tweak with the weighting of reputation versus form. The problem is though, if it's set up wrong, you could see players who really shouldn't be picked, tipping the balance of selections and some strange international results. A tricky one to fix as the game is at the moment.

International football is getting better, bit by bit, but there's always room for fine tuning.

I doubt he'll get back in the england squad, although we're bereft of decent strikers. I will keep my eye on this, because i think that the y should make it more form based, depending on the manager. If Sven was England manager Beckham would have had his 100th cap by now... oh wait.

Dunno, because there are few England strikers on form at the moment. Carlton Cole is arguably on equal form as his other competitors - Crouch and Bent - while the likes of Owen are way behind. Cole will still be considered.

Archived