Songs to listen to whilst playing FM

After playing my play-off final and listening to the premier league anthem played before games and then fans chanting "we are going up" on my itunes, I got to thinking am I the only one who listens to music when playing the game?:D

So I was wondering if any of you listen to music when playing? What songs and all the time or special occasions.

Metallica, not for any other reason than it's great to watch your players celebrate to some awesome riff-age!

Funny you should mention the rock gods. Itunes just cued up Welcome Home(sanitarium). Mind you a bit of Kill switch Engage is always good for riff-age

Funny you should mention the rock gods. Itunes just cued up Welcome Home(sanitarium). Mind you a bit of Kill switch Engage is always good for riff-age

Suicide & Redemption is my favourite at the moment, especially since my captain (but only him) seems to play better when shuffle decides its time to play!

Might youtube some Killswitch Engage for variety's sake, not heard much :thup:

All American-Rejects are always good :thup:

Their new records is pretty ***** though. I mean, strictly speaking there was little to enjoy for anybody over 16 years of age on their previous records but their catchy hooklines. Boy meets girl, boy kisses girl, girl leaves boy and.... blech. This time those are almost universally just as shallow as any radio tune you'll ever get to hear by throwaway flavour of the month one-hit-wonders such as Wheatus, Third Eye Blind or Sugar Ray. Who are all since long forgotten for good reason. Didn't expect that to happen.

SI could actually release a compilation CD of "suitable" tracks to catch all those FM emotions. :)

I mean, record companies have cashed in on assorted compilations to drive to, to garden to, to clean your house to, etc... etc...

So why not an FM inspired CD :)

wen i lose a cup final i listen to Chumbawaba

"I get knocked down, then I get up again!"

"He drinks a whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink, he drinks a lager drink, he drinks a cider drink, he sings the songs that remind him of the good times, he sings the songs that remind him of the better times!"

Love that song :thup:

Nothing in particular.

At this very minute in the background i'm playing the Blackbird album by Alter Bridge.

That is one bloody good album!

I don't listen to anything in particular in situations. I'm enjoying Tool at the minute though, and sometimes I play my own band's music, cause it reminds me of good times, especially if FC United are doing ridiculous things (which happens quite often :p)

I never play songs during FM but if i did id have the music from Rocky-'Gonna fly now', for when im a huge underdog, and when playing a rival id have something like 'i predict a riot' by kaiser chiefs, if we won id also consider having 'lets dance to joy division' by the wombats and if its my players last game for the club i might play 'moving to new york' also by the wombats or 'away from here' by the enemy, at some point during the match i may also consider having 'good days bad days' by the kaiser chiefs depending on how things are going just to remind the players everyone has their bad days. Finally if we're playing on a monday night id have 'i dont like mondays' by the boomtown rats.

I think ive put far to much thought into this:D

I'l play some Rage Against The Machine, a bit of 'Wake Up' in the dressing room at half time if we look to be on the end of a drubbing, and the players need a grilling. If my Midfield Maestro needs some inspiration, a bit of 'Express Yourself' by NWA does the treat as well.

Archived