Eric The King... (or how to get him at United as a coach!)

As the title would suggest, given that Eric Cantona is featured as a coach in the game, try as I might, his response is always "...has indicated that he currently has no interest in rejoining his former club".

Ok, so his stats aren't great, but one of the things I like to do is bring back former players and legends in some capacity or other. I already have Ronny Johnsen, Andy (*cough* sorry, Andrew) Cole and even Jesper Olsen as a scout.

Anyone else managed to lure The King back to Old Trafford? Or for that matter, former legends back to any club?

docklanders - Tempted though I am, I've resisted the urge so far and want to rely on my pursuasive charm if possible. :)

BobMUFC08 - Nope. 9.3 updated database, though I have quite a few leagues running with extra player data loaded for lots of countries at the start of the game. Gary Bailey is in there somewhere, but I didn't load player data from South Africa. From memory, he's actually not a bad GK coach.

Insert_Goal_Here AMEN!

pcantona.jpg

x42bn6 - Heh, I must now go and self-flagellate!!

torquay nezza - Although he didn't actually say it was his aim, on a radio interview with MARCA in Spain, he dropped enough veiled hints to fill a large object with a lot of veils! He mentioned how he he speaks to Sir Alex "every other day", is "very good friends with the Glazier family" and is "still good friends" with people like Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Ole Solskjaer, etc...

Surprised you can't find him. Maybe he only shows up if you have additional player/staff data for france loaded at the start of a game?

I like to bring club legends back, in my FM08 game with Newcastle I had Lee Clark, Robert Lee, Warren Barton, and Gary Speed on my coaching staff, even though half of them were terrible! Lee Clark was actually a fantastic coach for me, which was nice :)

x42bn6 Surprised you can't find him. Maybe he only shows up if you have additional player/staff data for france loaded at the start of a game?

That is correct; I read this somewhere about Roy Keane only being in games if people opened up the Irish leagues or loaded all players from Ireland. I presume the same applies, so if you load all French players, all staff are loaded as well

That is correct; I read this somewhere about Roy Keane only being in games if people opened up the Irish leagues or loaded all players from Ireland. I presume the same applies, so if you load all French players, all staff are loaded as well

Now that seems a little rubbish...

Roy Keane not being on an English game?

Has he EVER player in Ireland?

What a joke.

Parp.

Now that seems a little rubbish...

Roy Keane not being on an English game?

Has he EVER player in Ireland?

What a joke.

Parp.

Erm, yes actually. He played for Cobh Ramblers before he moved to Nottingham Forest.

Ultimately, it's up to the user to select what information they want to load at the start of the game really.

Currently I'm participating in a tactical challenge, managing Ferencváros in Hungary. Part of the challenge is to only have just the one country's leagues playable, plus additional player data from only three other countries. I selected Poland, Romania and Slovakia for geographical reasons. Believe me, when you're limited to the number of players you would normally be used to looking for, it's very difficult!

The challenge is here: Need helpers for classic Tactical sign-up.

They're loooking for additional people to sign-up, with the aim of using "classic" formations in different countries. I opted for a 1950's Hungary type formation and system. As I believe it's possible to work with any reasonable tactic, build a squad of suitable players around it and be successful, I'm putting my money where my mouth is with this challenge.

Anyway, back to topic...

Has anyone managed to sign Cantona on their staff at United then?

I've currently got Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt & Gareth Barry as coaches at Liverpool FC. I am trying to coax Steven Gerrard back to the club & earmarking him as my Assistant Manager from next season onwards. Mind you I am in September 2019.

Gerrard is at Roma, hopefully playing his last season as a player. Right now he is 39 years old, will be 40 when hopefully retired.

Archived