Luton Town - mallen102000, hjfh, roughtfish

Macclesfield Town -

Morecambe -

Notts County - Mr Villa

Port Vale - Valiant Richie, nickpvfc

Rochdale - David Ashworth

Rotherham United - merry_miller, Gricehead

Shrewsbury Town -

Wycombe Wanderers - Jonny Kaufman, Pickles, Tin the Rocketman!

League 2 odds

Accrington Stanley -

Aldershot Town - Red_Arrow

Barnet - Kill Rock Stars

Bournemouth - Krost

Bradford City - Port

Brentford -

Bury - billb

Chester City - Richard Lowe

Chesterfield - Rob1981

Dagenham & Redbridge -

Darlington - markcator3006, Will Smith

Exeter City -

Gillingham -

Grimsby Town -

Lincoln City - super_imps

Luton Town - mallen102000, hjfh, roughtfish, Plumble

Macclesfield Town -

Morecambe -

Notts County - Mr Villa

Shrewsbury Town -

Looking at Luton's fixture for August it seems like we'll be in positive points in no time.

Port Vale at home, Notts County at home should both be winnable and then there is Gillingham and Exeter away which are drawable games.

Originally posted by Gricehead:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_imps:

Starting the season at an athletics track ffs.

Expect it to be an organisational shambles tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are we tbf.

Exeter away in midweek for you lot. What have you done to deserve that? icon_biggrin.gif

Accrington Stanley -

Aldershot Town - Red_Arrow

Barnet - Kill Rock Stars

Bournemouth - Krost

Bradford City - Port

Brentford - Darren1983

Bury - billb

Chester City - Richard Lowe

Chesterfield - Rob1981

Dagenham & Redbridge -

Darlington - markcator3006, Will Smith

Exeter City -

Gillingham -

Grimsby Town -

Lincoln City - super_imps

Luton Town - mallen102000, hjfh, roughtfish, Plumble

Macclesfield Town -

Morecambe -

Notts County - Mr Villa

Shrewsbury Town -

I think we've got an outside shot at playoffs this year icon14.gif

PT has made his first signing, Lewwis Spence on a free. Despite the ridiculous spelling of his first name i think he could be quite a decent signing. He was under PT at Palace so Taylor must rate him highly, especially as its on a two year deal... and hes a coveted left winger for us! No more centre midfielders out on the wing and please not another Palmer or Easton!

• SI Staff

rubbish fixture list /0\

Port Vale and Gillingham both will be looking to finish high up and Exeter have the momentum of last season to start with so first 2 or 3 weeks may be tough

tuesday night trips to Grimsby and Bournemouth icon13.gif

boxing day trip to Chesterfield icon13.gif

So I know it is early and hardly any transfers etc have happend but what are peoples predictions for promotions and relegations?

I think the team that wins the League will be a suprise as I can't see there being a stand out team.

Originally posted by Tin the RocketMan!:

Whats going on with Darren Currie at Luton then? I'd take him back at Wycombe as he used to make me drool but by the sounds of it, his head and his wage demands have grown since!

You can have him for free! (He is transfer listed) icon_wink.gif

He said back in February he wanted to leave Luton for Brighton, which is where he will probably end up.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by hjfh:

So I know it is early and hardly any transfers etc have happend but what are peoples predictions for promotions and relegations?

I think the team that wins the League will be a suprise as I can't see there being a stand out team.

I didn't steal this format from the championship thread, honest

Champions: Port Vale

Runners Up: Bradford City

thid place: Chesterfield

Play Offs: Gillingham ( Winners ), Notts County, Rochdale, Wycombe

Relegated: Dagenham, Rotherham

Leading Scorer: Luke Rodgers

Overachievers: Notts County

Underachievers: Brentford

First Manager to be Sacked: Gillingham (Mark Stimson)

Luton to stay up on goal differnce with a last day win at Brentford icon_cool.gif

• SI Staff

oh and Luton at home on first day and away on Boxing day for what must be the 6th season running (boxing day is for sure, never been at home since I've been season ticket holder) I can only assume those are our requests to the league

Champions: Bradford

Runners Up: Darlington

Third place: Wycombe

Play Offs: Chesterfield ( Winners ), Rochdale, Port Vale, Bury

Relegated: Accrington, Luton

Leading Scorer: Andy Bishop

Overachievers: Bury

Underachievers: Lincoln

First Manager to be Sacked: Rotherham (Mark Robins)

I've got to predict us having a good season really. Plus, if we do, Andy Bishop scored loads in a crap side; in a good side he should score for fun.

Originally posted by Tin the RocketMan!:

Whats going on with Darren Currie at Luton then? I'd take him back at Wycombe as he used to make me drool but by the sounds of it, his head and his wage demands have grown since!

Smart of him saying that in February icon_rolleyes.gif

Probably for the best considering his age and lethargic tendencies anyway.

Champions: Gillingham

Runners Up: Chesterfield

third place: Wycombe

Play Offs: Bradford ( Winners ), Shrewsbury , Rochdale, Darlington

Relegated: Dagenham, Rotherham

Leading Scorer: Leon Knight icon_cool.gif

Overachievers: Exeter

Underachievers: Port Vale (too many changes)

First Manager to be Sacked: Sinnott

Runners Up: Darlington

thid place: Gillingham

Play Offs: Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Brentford, Lincoln

Relegated: Accrington, Dagenham

Leading Scorer: Sam Parkin (assuming he doesn't move on)

Overachievers: Lincoln

Underachievers: Port Vale

First Manager to be Sacked: Port Vale's manager (Is it Synott icon_confused.gif)

Originally posted by mallen102000:

oh and Luton at home on first day and away on Boxing day for what must be the 6th season running (boxing day is for sure, never been at home since I've been season ticket holder) I can only assume those are our requests to the league

Luton started with and away game at Crystal Palace 3 years ago. I think you are right about boxing day though, I know i've never been to a home match boxing day. Shame it has to be Chesterfield and not a local game.

• SI Staff

just hope we have something to play for last day at Brentford, could be awsome away day in London with a couple of thousand making the trip icon_cool.gif

some of my favorite Luton moments have come against Brentford. Enoch's hat trick in the 4-1 win a few seasons ago and beating them 4-2 coming from behing in last home game before picking the league title post game. Would love to add a third memory to that list, seriously beliving staying up this season may well be the clubs greatest achivement ever

Originally posted by merry_miller:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Got our first signing, Robbie Stockdale. Is he any good?

Come on Mickey Boulding.

unlucky icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merry_miller:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Got our first signing, Robbie Stockdale. Is he any good?

Come on Mickey Boulding.

unlucky icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the Stockdale signing, he's pants :-( not heard anything else our end for last couple of weeks about us signing Boulding so you might be in luck there.

Runners Up: Wycombe

Third Place: Port Vale

Play Offs: Chesterfield, Rochdale, Darlington, Lincoln

Relegated: Accrington, Macclesfield

Leading Scorer: Marc Richards

Overachievers: Aldershot

Underachievers: Brentford

just hope we have something to play for last day at Brentford, could be awsome away day in London with a couple of thousand making the trip

some of my favorite Luton moments have come against Brentford. Enoch's hat trick in the 4-1 win a few seasons ago and beating them 4-2 coming from behing in last home game before picking the league title post game. Would love to add a third memory to that list, seriously beliving staying up this season may well be the clubs greatest achivement ever

As a Bees season ticket holder for the last 7 years I remember these games well icon13.gif

Also remember the cup games from last year when we were all ocer you at your place but let a soft goal then you beat us at home! icon13.gif

Also the trouble when you had Kinner as boss when you last got sent down to this league always had a bit of beff since then

Ideal world would be us winning promotion and sending you lot down this year icon_cool.gif

Well I gotta dream dont I?

• SI Staff
Originally posted by darren1983:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just hope we have something to play for last day at Brentford, could be awsome away day in London with a couple of thousand making the trip

As a Bees season ticket holder for the last 7 years I remember these games well icon13.gif

Also remember the cup games from last year when we were all ocer you at your place but let a soft goal then you beat us at home! icon13.gif

Also the trouble when you had Kinner as boss when you last got sent down to this league always had a bit of beff since then

Ideal world would be us winning promotion and sending you lot down this year icon_cool.gif

Well I gotta dream dont I? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

our fake rivalry with Brentford died after Allen left, remember him going giddy after you beat us in the cup the season of promotion and hence why fans thought it was that much sweater the come back on the last home game

I went to the replay last season (missed the game at Luton and was told by many I was lucky to)

Can someone at Brentford get a bridge built or underpass where the 4 lanes of traffic are you have to cross to get from the tube station down to the ground icon_mad.gif

Yeah its not the best! ha ha! we got a new stadium in the pipline ( for about the last 15 years from what I remember) so that should get sorted out for people coming from the tube.

Bit gutted our fake rivalry is over really, always more fun when you got a team to hate. All our old real rivals all got bought up by rich people and are to far ahead to really give a toss about! (Fulscum, QPR and Brum)

• SI Staff

fake rivalries are awsome, we need to get Kinner back as he seamed to make every other football team hate us

our fake rivalry with Plymouth was awsome yet totaly random at the same time icon_cool.gif

we have no rivals anymore, when your in our postion even Watford fans seam to have some sympathy for us

Champions: Chesterfield

Runners up: Wycombe

Third: Darlington

Playoffs: Rochdale , Gillingham (winners), Lincoln, Bournemouth

Relegated; Dagenham, Accrington

Leading Scorer; Andy Bishop

Overachievers: Aldershot

Underachievers: Shrewsbury

First Manager to be sacked: Ian Mcparland

Originally posted by darren1983:

Yeah its not the best! ha ha! we got a new stadium in the pipline ( for about the last 15 years from what I remember) so that should get sorted out for people coming from the tube.

Where is your new stadium going to be and how many seats?

john mousinho has gone to wycombe best gk/d/m l/r/c ever

Thanks for posting the lionel road info, fingers crossed

I know, gonna miss mous and his 100% effort, no more then a squad play though tbh, rather we used his wages to get better players.

well yeah, assuming marcus bean is any good (i'm sure the rotherham people here will inform me otherwise), then he'd be very much fourth choice in midfield, need other players far more like right back/midfield.

hopefully he'll do well for wycombe for 44 games next season though.

Archived