Struggling with solo striker

Currenlty playing 4-1-4-1 away. I manage to snuff out the oppo which is the main aim, but can't seem to get goals myself. When I watch the game, I notice my striker is completely out of touch, and also can't deal with endless long balls that get played to him. I conceed possesion easily, then slowly win it back.

I've tried everything I can think of, including trying to get one of my flat 4 in the middle to attack and so provide a link, but I can't get build up play. Changed everyone to short passing, but still can't seem to build up play.

Any ideas?

Also, what are the key stats for a solo striker?

GHT

Play with two strikers? lol. Depedns what you want from the striker, a target man should have good stats for heading, strength and the like. who are you and who's your lone striker?

What I'd ideally like, is to get my lone man scoring with through balls. I'd upload his stats here but don't know how to show an image - any help?

EDIT- Think I've done it...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8347/dsmith.png

And I am League 1. Win most home games so am mid table.

He'll need acceleration, pace, anticipation and decent off the ball and finishing. but all strikers need those. Of course look at the team your playing, see what the defenders strengths and weaknesses are. if they have slow defenders they'll probably try and play deep. quick defenders probably play higher, then you can comapre your players pace etc with the defenders

He'll need acceleration, pace, anticipation and decent off the ball and finishing. but all strikers need those. Of course look at the team your playing, see what the defenders strengths and weaknesses are. if they have slow defenders they'll probably try and play deep. quick defenders probably play higher, then you can comapre your players pace etc with the defenders

From what you say, I think my guy is pretty spot on for the role. Perhaps there are some tweaks to his specific instructions i can make?

Your problem is the huge gap between your midfield and your striker I would think...I play a 4-1-4-1 as well, but I have two AMC's instead of MC's and with one being more defensive than the other this seems to feed the ball into my striker better. Someone else mightg have some better advice, but I think that link is your issue...

Archived