My best ever win on FM?

There was a rollicking at half time - but then they went and scored 5 minutes later!

We got one back, so I knew there was a chance of a comeback, and then we just kept scoring. I'm now 6th place (last play off place) with 17 games left, but top of the form table.

btw, their second was a mile offside as well, so it should have been 5-1

sometimes the best win is a simple 1-0...

In my old (now deleted) game, I was 8 points behind Liverpool with 5 games to go. Went to anfield, won 1-0, and ended up taking the title after they collapsed in the closing stage of the season.

I've had bigger wins on paper, but for a single match to decide the Premier League in such a way... The game was worth 9 points for me that day.

sometimes the best win is a simple 1-0...

In my old (now deleted) game, I was 8 points behind Liverpool with 5 games to go. Went to anfield, won 1-0, and ended up taking the title after they collapsed in the closing stage of the season.

I've had bigger wins on paper, but for a single match to decide the Premier League in such a way... The game was worth 9 points for me that day.

I feel the same. I was trailing Arsenal by 6 points last season in my Villa save and went to the Emirates and won 1-0 (this was in March IIRC), this boosted morale bigtime and my team went on a massive unbeaten run. It was the game that won us the league in my eyes. It only took me 9 seasons aswell but I finally got there in the end with some persistence. :D

2-0 down with 40 minutes to play at Struggling Oldham, Play off dream and consecutive promotions hope looks over.

Good result and all that, but you could hardly say your promotion and playoff dreams were over with 17 games left in the season. Bit of an over-exaggeration imo.

Good result and all that, but you could hardly say your promotion and playoff dreams were over with 17 games left in the season. Bit of an over-exaggeration imo.

8 points off the play offs cut to 5, instead of losing to a rival who were in the relegation places. More than just the points, that kind of result could shatter the confidence in the team.

Table now looks like this:

table2008-09.jpg

Just beaten Leicester 3-2, Still to play Huddersfield away, and Millwall, Southend and Scunthorpe all at home. With a bit of luck, I think Automatic may be on the cards, but I just want to make sure we're in the play offs first.

With a Media Prediction of 22nd, This is a good season wherever we finish

8 points off the play offs cut to 5, instead of losing to a rival who were in the relegation places. More than just the points, that kind of result could shatter the confidence in the team.

Table now looks like this:

table2008-09.jpg

Just beaten Leicester 3-2, Still to play Huddersfield away, and Millwall, Southend and Scunthorpe all at home. With a bit of luck, I think Automatic may be on the cards, but I just want to make sure we're in the play offs first.

With a Media Prediction of 22nd, This is a good season wherever we finish

I think automatic is maybe abit optimistic with you being 8 points behind at the minute but you never know. KUTGW! :thup:

A Millwall fan living in MK. I'd think that you have a lot of footballing stigma attached to you :D

And by the way ims_scfc, what a wonderful game last night. Hopefully some of the 7,000 will be coming back next season.

A Millwall fan living in MK. I'd think that you have a lot of footballing stigma attached to you :D

And by the way ims_scfc, what a wonderful game last night. Hopefully some of the 7,000 will be coming back next season.

Aye, brilliant game last night. 1 goal in 7 games, then 4 goals in one night. Oli Johnson is something else though, what a player, what a goal

cant stand MK mate, cant wait to get out

Don't blame you, its dreadful. They can't even finish their ground, it looks stupid half finished

So what's the reason for you supporting Millwall? Do you originate from south london? or is it a family thing?

Just drew 0-0 with Millwall at EP btw

YES WERE LEVEL! (Orient)

well my family was born around south bermondsey and are Millwall fans, i was born in scotland (hence Glasgow Rangers on my page)

were in MK cos thats where my dad works, dunno where my mum is living though.

Im impressed by the ground, only been in twice, once to watch my mate in an U15 cup final, and for the millwall game as an away fan, and im going next month as 2 of my mates this time are in regional cup final. that said though its still a disgusting place to live, and a club that shouldnt exist.

This is some kind of joke, right? The exact same thing is happening at OT now, although only because of that goddamn arse-hole webb. Was he the one Moyses said was bias before the cup semi?

ha, just seen that on bbc sport. Its always a shame to see scum win like that. Isn't that the second time they've done that to you in a few years?

Pretty much, they get EVERY desicion at OT. Penalty when Gomes had got the ball for a 'foul' on Carrick, Scholes should have had something like 2 red cards and five yellows - he was on a yellow, should have got a second, just a free-kick, and then he moans about the darn free-kic being given, boots the ball away and STILL isn't booked. Also, the rankings say Webb is the best ref in the country and will ref the FA Cup final - worst must be very intresting then!

I know. Signed a striker on a months loan. Scored a hattrick on his debut, then a penalty in the next match, so I extended the loan. From that point onwards, he couldn't score in a brothel, and I didn't score for the last 5 games (2 0-0 draws, 3 1-0 defeats)

But never mind, onwards and upwards. Get rid of the deadwood and replace them with some quality. I've got some names in mind but can't name them here. I'll go into a bit more detail of this season and the off season in the Stockport County thread in GPTG if you want to take a look

I know. Signed a striker on a months loan. Scored a hattrick on his debut, then a penalty in the next match, so I extended the loan. From that point onwards, he couldn't score in a brothel, and I didn't score for the last 5 games (2 0-0 draws, 3 1-0 defeats)

But never mind, onwards and upwards. Get rid of the deadwood and replace them with some quality. I've got some names in mind but can't name them here. I'll go into a bit more detail of this season and the off season in the Stockport County thread in GPTG if you want to take a look

Keep it posted mate, my young regen story has collapsed, but that doesnt mean to say yours will too :)

btw, from a Millwall interest, Kenny Jackett left for Middlesborough, and your new manager is Stuart Gray (Northampton Manager)

Not exactly the best thing to hear :(:thdn:

Would never happen IRL ;)

By the way, I nearly had a heart attack this morning watching Big Leeds Weekend, I believe Chris O'Grady actually scored a goal?!?!

Friday 3rd October 2008, Edgeley Park, Stockport;)

O'Grady's useless. Please take him back. Davies was much better, but i believe you sold him. Believe me, I've seen some useless strikers at County, but this guy takes the biscuit.

Millwall Champs :D:thup:

comfortably. 8 points clear.

I'll be champs this year though. With my attractive orange away shirt I just made. 1-0 up against Southend until they score after 90 mins. Off the bench comes Neil Harris, one touch, winning goal in the 93rd minute. County legend in the making here I think

comfortably. 8 points clear.

I'll be champs this year though. With my attractive orange away shirt I just made. 1-0 up against Southend until they score after 90 mins. Off the bench comes Neil Harris, one touch, winning goal in the 93rd minute. County legend in the making here I think

:D Only 112 more to go to beat how many he scored for us!

:D Only 112 more to go to beat how many he scored for us!

Well he's got 5 now, including a hattrick at Macclesfield in the Carling cup. Surprised Millwall let him go on a free tbh.

I'll post the league table after 15 games, as its a bit pointless before that

Archived