Non Football costs

Guest eldonseldon

Guest eldonseldon

Hi all, im playing with cardiff in the championship and my expenditure is ridicalous.

My non-footbaal costs are over 2million a month.

Does anyone know what these are and if there is any way of reducing them?

Thanks,

Scott

• 6 months later...

The finances on FM are usually easy to manage, but this season it is slightly tougher / more realistic. But i guess after a while you could still get into the realms of lots of millions with no debts. I play an online fm game called www.itsagoal.com and the finances on there are bloody hard / realistic. It's not as in depth as FM live but is an interesting little game.

Non-football related staff - cleaners, kiosk staff, chefs, club shop staff, waiting staff in the club restaurant and box areas, maintenance staff, bar staff, stewards etc.

I'd probably go as far as to say groundsmen and the like, basically all staff you don't control. There are probably hundreds of members of staff involved in the running of the club when you take into account the stadium, training facilities etc

• 1 year later...

I've placed my local side in the Conference North, given them a 9k stadium and a reputation the same as Leicester City. I forgot to alter my average attendance so (i'm now in the Conference in the 10/11 season) i get only around 800/1,000 per home game (For some reason its almost £33 a ticket to watch me play at home). But in None-Football Costs i paid out 8.8mill last season and at just December this season its already at 6mill.

I started the club with 25mill and a Sugar Daddy (kept spending right down... only spent about 75k in my first season).. but the sugar daddy stepped down after 1 season and now the supporters club are incharge. I've spent around 1.7mill this season (mainly on high potential youth) but i've gone from 25mill to just 4.7mill inside 16 months... almost 15mill of that on these 'None-Football Costs'

I could understand to some extent if these were costs attributed to clubs of United/Arsenal level (clubs in the Prem with big stadiums) but a club in the conference getting less than 1200 fans a game is a joke. I'll be in debt before the end of the season without any doubt and who knows what will happen to my new youth i've bought in.

Is there still this issue on FM11? with high None-Football Costs i mean.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I'm Watford, in the PL, on FM11in the 2021/22 season, and my non football costs are going up and up. Last season, £21.4m, this season at the beginning of February, £18.1m, with about £2.6m going out per month. You can't be telling me surely that I'm spending about £2.6m a month on supposed non football staff wages. How can that be? That's ridiculous surely. Am I really paying out £2.6m or so a month on people involved in the club who aren't players or members of staff?

No, I have a 26383 all seater stadium, no rent. The little bit of information it comes up with when I hover over 'non football costs' says "amount of non football staff wages paid out by the club" so presumably it's just that, but.........it just seems stupidly unrealistic if it's that much. Yes I'm a relatively big team now (won the title last season, won a couple of other trophies, been doing very well in Europe) and my stadium is bigger than it was a few seasons ago, albeit not significantly bigger, yet my non football costs have become a farce really. There's no way I can be paying out upwards of £2m a month in non football costs if it's true that it's basically only non football staff wages.

There's no way I can be paying out upwards of £2m a month in non football costs if it's true that it's basically only non football staff wages.

The larger the club, the larger the organisation, the more departments that come into existence. You'll have Accounting, I.T., Administration, Hospitality, Legal, Merchandise, Marketing, Office maintenance, Community outreach departments all requiring staff, stock and paperclips. £2 million is easily reached when you consider that the non-football costs are not just wages but everything that's required for a large firm to operate. Desks, chairs, printer ink, uniforms, goldfish, brooms, broccoli, notice boards etc etc etc ad infinitum. It all quickly adds up.

I don't think you read my last comment clearly. I quoted exactly what it says in the little bit of information that pops up when I hover over the 'non football costs' tab. "amount of non football staff wages paid out by the club". That suggests just wages. Not everything else, just wages.

Then just account for all the possible staff members a large football club can potentially have. £2 million is not an improbable figure. Plus there's nothing in game you can do about it, except for getting yourself relegated and float down the leagues getting smaller and smaller, until your club is run by a bloke in a shed with a tin box to hold the float.

Well just added up my wage along with all backroom staff it comes £3,010,000 p.a., it's all about money management and increasing you teams progress at a steady pace to be able to deal with the added cost of success.

EDIT: I've only just started a new save I'll keep an eye on it, if at the end of the season its more then I don't know maybe Directors wages are automatically set because we don't know about them.

RE-EDIT: Ignore this just notice that Staff Wages are shown Seperate to Non-Football Costs (how blind am I)

Its all a little bit ridiculous really in my current save I had a turnover of £201m with player wages of £42m (21% of turnover) last season. Net transfer spend of £6m.

A prem club with those finances would be thoroughly minted. We made a profit of £17m...Sometimes feel like all the other expenses are just made up to prevent you getting too big a bank balance.

Its all a little bit ridiculous really in my current save I had a turnover of £201m with player wages of £42m (21% of turnover) last season. Net transfer spend of £6m.

A prem club with those finances would be thoroughly minted. We made a profit of £17m...Sometimes feel like all the other expenses are just made up to prevent you getting too big a bank balance.

You mean like every football club has huge bank balances? I don't like the way they lump it all in, but very few clubs make a load of money each season.

You mean like every football club has huge bank balances? I don't like the way they lump it all in, but very few clubs make a load of money each season.

Most clubs are running a wage/turnover % of over 60% with clubs like City at 100%+. Thats why they have no money. 40-50% would be considered very good, to run at 21% I'd expect profits to be significantly higher.

Archived