60 to One

60 to One

And now the sign-up begins! One person will be the CSE Endurance King!

The Concept

60 promising football managers have been born into Europe’s, arguably the world’s, top divisions: the English Premier League, the Italian Serie A and the Spanish La Liga. Their mission: to survive the longest without getting fired, resigning or moving clubs. He or she that does that becomed the CSE Endurance King or Queen.

However, there isn’t just one opportunity to win the title. There aren’t two. There are three. Myself, Ridleys and mikeytwigge are each running three versions of the sign-up: an identical database with no changes in the manager qualities but in each one, different things will happen and as a result, anyone can win. Who will fare best, those at small clubs, those at big clubs, or those willing to settle for a 10th-placed finish?

There’s only one way to find out…onwards we stroll!

The Important Stuff

Here’s a few things about your managers that you might need to know.

Every manager has started off at the club given to them by the Live Draw (see previous thread). They also have this club as their favoured club to a level of 80%, and are on a £10,000 Full Time Contract with no set expiration date.

They have started with a Current Ability of 130 and a Potential Ability of 160, and Home, Current and World Reputations are initially set at 7000. They have been allocated 20 for some attributes and 1 for others dependant on their favoured ice cream from a selection of five, which they stated as they signed up. They chose their own nationality and also date of birth, although the game is slightly erratic in allocating the latter, although all managers are between 40 and 45 at the start of the game.

Here is a list of managers, with their usernames and clubs.

[font=Courier New]  [b]Username             Manager             Club          Div[/b]
 [/font][font=Courier New]dafuge               dafuge              Torino        ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]hamilton162          Tom Hamilton        Mallorca      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Swafe                Saul Goode          Osasuna       SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]d-machine            David Machine       Athletic      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Ben Arsenal          Ben Cee             Inter         ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]canvey!!             Fréderico Canvey    Stoke         EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Haowan               Haowan Madridstas   Barcelona     SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]clrkaitken           Clark Aitken        Roma          ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]conners              Sirus Lannock       Málaga        SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]IlikeJellybeans      Jellybean Man       Numancia      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]mikeytwigge          Mikey Twigge        Palermo       ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]AtilasMiserly        Will de Mote        A.C. Milan    ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]pnefc22              Wobill Luman        Betis         SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]spartans5            Lawrence Lazewski   Valencia      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Jack Rudd            Lisa Jeffries       Juventus      ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]KiddingChoc          Zach Machios        Portsmouth    EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Neji                 Neji Hyuuga         Deportivo     SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]rancer890            Ricky Nakano        Middlesbrough EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]corinthiano          Mathias Brunckhorst Chievo        ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]super_lampard        Super Lampard       Lecce         ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]ssestig              Theo Stigarakis     Catania       ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]tomsmith1989         Tom Smith           Arsenal       EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]PluckaDuck           Tyler Burrows       Udinese       ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]weeeman27bob         Lord Weeman         Napoli        ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]Ridleys              James Ridley        Siena         ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]Romanista1994        Lucas Volman        Real Madrid   SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]~Ian~                Bryan McGuinness    Everton       EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]DiscoStu94           Da Hoover Man       Sampdoria     ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]JSalter              James Salter        Reggina       ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]ian_1982             Maurice Jobson      Man United    EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]markcator3006        Mark Cator          Aston Villa   EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]m1234566778          Maz Armley          Racing        SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Neilio               Neilio              Almería       SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Cardiovascular       Cardio Vascular     Genoa         ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]Martin_              Martin Bojangles    Hull          EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]fergysafc            Liam Ferguson       Man City      EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Lower Leagues Rule   Jonte Rhodes        Lazio         ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]bermybhoy            bermybhoy           Atalanta      ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]TaylorB              Ben Taylor          Fiorentina    ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]MikaelS              Mikael Schøler      Bologna       ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]Robert_296           Robert Boyle        Blackburn     EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Greasy Chip Butty    Andy Morton         Sporting      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Almondo              Arnold J. Rimmer    Bolton        EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Waghlon              Lars Tommersen      Villarreal    SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]JoeLatics            Joe Gleeson         Espanyol      SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Blanco               Cristobal Blanco    Recreativo    SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Whoopy D             Whoopy D            West Ham      EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]ScottT!              Scott Tysoe         Sunderland    EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Chimpos              Phill Ewles         Valladolid    SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]brettney1980         Brettney Joven      Wigan         EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]Walcott’s Wonderkids Brucie Bonus        West Brom     EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]el sid               Cool Manager        At. Madrid    SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]jack.browne          Jack Browne         Sevilla       SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]SCIAG                Leo Dodge           Tottenham     EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]TigerJoe             Joe Seddon          Getafe        SLL
 [/font][font=Courier New]NepentheZ            Neppo Monster       Cagliari      ISA
 [/font][font=Courier New]tadr                 Andre da Conceiçao  Chelsea       EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]PaulHartman71        Jeremy English      Liverpool     EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]kashmirshazad        Shazad Ali          Newcastle     EPL
 [/font][font=Courier New]hasdgfas             Tim Aubel           Fulham        EPL[/font]

The Lives

This is the heart of the sign-up. Each manager is given three lives. Once a manager moves clubs, resigns or is sacked in one save, run by either me, Ridleys or mikeytwigge, they lose that corresponding life. They do not lose the life if they co-manage a nation and a club, although they do if at any point they decide to leave the club and purely manage the nation.

Once a manager loses all three lives, they are out. The last manager with a life left at the end of the sign-up is the winner. However, if a user has not made a satisfactory contribution to the thread, they shall not win and the title will be passed down to the second person, third person or even further until someone who has been regularly posting wins.

Managers with the same number of lives are ranked by their job security. For two or more lives, the job security for all lives is summed and a score given, the higher the better. This is as follows:

1 Precarious

2 Very Insecure

3 Insecure

4 Stable

5 Secure

6 Very Secure

7 Untouchable

Following this post I will post a current lives table. Bear in mind that this lives table will not be updated as the sign-up progresses, but new lives tables will be posted after every update.

The Updates

Updates come in threes: one from myself, one from mikeytwigge and one from Ridleys. These will be posted every weekend and reflect a month’s game time, although if for whatever reason we cannot post an update the schedule will have to change. After all three updates, a lives table will be posted.

The user posting the update will select their “Manager of the Update”. This doesn’t score points, but is good to keep track of how you are doing and is a nice sideshow. The reports will focus on managers who got fired during the month of update, and is guaranteed to cover every one of them, but will not necessarily cover every one of the 60 managers. However, with each update comes a table giving your progress in that one save, so you will know how you are doing even if you are not mentioned.

Managers mentioned in the report will be done so using their manager names. Hence it is important for me to post the above table so you can refer if you need to.

Writer’s Notes

Please contribute to the thread and enjoy yourselves. Remember that us three runners have other things to do and cannot always be writing and posting updates. We’ll try and notify everyone in advance if we cannot make an update.

The first update is expected to be posted tomorrow evening.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice one guys. Heres to the biggest smeg head ever doing well at Bolton.

I can hear the fans chanting now "Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer. Without him...." :D

Clearly none of you stand a chance though with me managing West Ham to Champions League Glory in all three games ;)

I can hear the fans chanting now "Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer. Without him...." :D

Clearly none of you stand a chance though with me managing West Ham to Champions League Glory in all three games ;)

You'll have to get past the Special One first. And I don't mean Jose. :D

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking the fans will be chanting :D

Lets the games begin! Good luck to Canvey, Mikey and Ridleys, and also to my fellow competitiors (although, not too much good luck to those)

Good luck to the 60 of you that's directly involved in this marathon! Though I'll be plumping for the Arsenal manager, Tom Smith, to win this. Do us gunners proud! :thup:

My first fan! I'm sure there will be many more after my 'uber' reign at Arsenal. I see many years of glory ahead :D

My first fan! I'm sure there will be many more after my 'uber' reign at Arsenal. I see many years of glory ahead :D

Now, I'm a fan of Tom's myself, as he has had an interesting career in the Good vs. Evil thread. But come on- an unknown Rwandan at Old Trafford, with the name of a fictional corrupt policeman? He's the people's champion!

Guest mikeytwigge
Will you all be playing on 9.0.3? Also, which is the "base database"- did you edit the default, 9.0.2 or 9.0.3 update?

I ask because it will drastically vary the strength of my Spurs squad.

9.03 was used

Archived