Learning new positions, how to speed things up?

I currently have a right footed MLC who I want to retrain as an MR. He has absolutely no idea how to play there, ie. the 'red' dot position. Its been 4 months since his retraining started and he is still 'ineffectual' as an MR. I have a feeling that I need to actually play him as an MR to speed his development. If so, its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario because I don't want to play him as an MR before he is ready, but on the other hand if I don't play him at all it appears he will develop really slowly. Will a late substitution when the game is won and giving him 10 - 15 minutes each game work as a compromise?

I currently have a right footed MLC who I want to retrain as an MR. He has absolutely no idea how to play there, ie. the 'red' dot position. Its been 4 months since his retraining started and he is still 'ineffectual' as an MR. I have a feeling that I need to play him as an MR to speed his development. If so, I don't want to sacrifice team performance just to develop one player, will a late substitution when the game is won and giving him 10 - 15 minutes each game have the same effect?

Take control of your reserves team, arrange alot of friendlies with them, play with gray players and him as right mid... I mean, you don't care crap whether your reserves get beaten into pieces by junk-teams, do you? And you can as well give some youth players good match-experience at the same time.

Only way I can think of really... :)

how did that go ?

lol, it doesn't work that fast. The recommendation Jirki88 gave should well work, albeit the speed with which he learns seems to extremely dependent on their hidden versatility attribute.

You're right in not wanting to play the guy at MR, as whenever I have tried to play a player in a red position the ratings they seem to get are usually extremely poor.

Archived