Lost faith in managers ability- even though Im outperforming my remit

Grrr- this game really doesnt want me to like it does it?

In a nutshell Ive hauled Shrewsbury from the foot of Div 1, to 12th in the Premiership in 3 seasons.

Thanks to the AIs inability to wheel and deal Ive got myself a pretty good squad and one that has managed to put both Chelsea and Arsenal to the sword 3-1, and also beat Liverpool away 1-0.

But now because clubs have come sniffing with rubbish bids for players who have been with me less than 4 months Ive got a squad who are in disarray, and all who have lost faith in my ability- even though the board didnt expect me to avoid relegation, and in fact after 19 games Im 12 points off the dropzone and 5 points of CL league spot.

How can SI think this kind of logic is acceptible?

I can get players maybe being ****ed off with me not letting them move to a top 4 club- but then again the game hasnt given me the option of saying they can move at the end of the season- it just seems to allow this randomly.

But the lost faith in my ability bit? This makes me angry and shows how shoddy the product is- when they signed they knew the status of the club, they must have known that relegation was a possibility- so why the hell do SI program the game like this- It doesnt make any sense!!!

God at least allow us to defend our position- maybe point out to players that our "poor" league position is also down to their performances too.

So glad SI choose to put crap in like press conferences and once again forget or ignore the guts of the game.

Stil nice that this has been tested and highlighted for FM10 or FM11......:rolleyes:

Feel for ya, but you're in the same position as, RL, Phil Brown and perhaps Gareth Southgate - when things were going well, everyone was happy. Now they're struggling and it's getting tough, they're looking at the boss a bit differently, perhaps even wondering if he knows what he's about after all.

Even Arsene Wenger seemed to lose the confidence of the players a bit this season. It's going to happen, especially if you've signed mercenary types. You and the board might have expected to struggle or even be relegated by Christmas, but players - both IRL and in-game - don't, the delusional bunch.

Good shout about press conferences, though. As a League 2 boss, I can do without being asked who will win the World or European Player of the Year, because I couldn't care less. Having the ability to publicly turn on the players, though...that'd be good. Criticizing individuals isn't always the answer, if it's the group underperforming/not working hard enough.

Grrr- this game really doesnt want me to like it does it?

In a nutshell Ive hauled Shrewsbury from the foot of Div 1, to 12th in the Premiership in 3 seasons.

Thanks to the AIs inability to wheel and deal Ive got myself a pretty good squad and one that has managed to put both Chelsea and Arsenal to the sword 3-1, and also beat Liverpool away 1-0.

But now because clubs have come sniffing with rubbish bids for players who have been with me less than 4 months Ive got a squad who are in disarray, and all who have lost faith in my ability- even though the board didnt expect me to avoid relegation, and in fact after 19 games Im 12 points off the dropzone and 5 points of CL league spot.

How can SI think this kind of logic is acceptible?

I can get players maybe being ****ed off with me not letting them move to a top 4 club- but then again the game hasnt given me the option of saying they can move at the end of the season- it just seems to allow this randomly.

But the lost faith in my ability bit? This makes me angry and shows how shoddy the product is- when they signed they knew the status of the club, they must have known that relegation was a possibility- so why the hell do SI program the game like this- It doesnt make any sense!!!

God at least allow us to defend our position- maybe point out to players that our "poor" league position is also down to their performances too.

So glad SI choose to put crap in like press conferences and once again forget or ignore the guts of the game.

Stil nice that this has been tested and highlighted for FM10 or FM11......:rolleyes:

Losing faith in the managers ability has nothing to do with recent form or success. It happens after you've said something or done something that has upset your players.

Losing faith in the managers ability has nothing to do with recent form or success. It happens after you've said something or done something that has upset your players.

Well presumably thats to do with the Transfer request I turned down, as Im well versed in the keep everyone happy strategy.

Guess thats another thing I need to add to the list of things to do- wonder if SI will ever let us manage our teams properly instead of simply pandering to our players all the time?

What an utter joke this game really is if SI think its acceptable that turning down a player who has been at the club 5 minutes transfer request results in pretty much your entire squad hating you!!

Archived