One of my greatest wins on FM

facups.jpg

I edited Nantwich into the game as they are only down the road from where I live. So far this game is one of th best I have played even though it is still the first season. I never thought that a win over Chester would feel so good, I am in the blue square north and they are league 2, I know its not taking out a big team its just a nice change to playing as Sunderland in 2020 and winning every trophy I enter. Lower league games can be great fun, next up a home tie against Orient, question is can I overcome the odds again we were 20-1 to win that match.

I recommend anyone to edit their local team into the game and play as them there is always a small club near to virtually every place in England. Its weird seeing your bank balance rise from -2k to 99k and being very happy about it, this has reignited my desire to play FM.

Just thought I would post as there are always negative stories about FM09, so I thought why not post a good story. There are so many different types of games you can play on this game.

So can I beat Orient in the next round?

That explains it then, you've signed some of those Reunionese "gods". ;)

They have some players that are seriously good for lower league teams. In my Altrincham save I had two or three who were rated League 2 or League 1 standard by coaches and scouts.

I would actually like to partake of the challenge of managing the Reunion national team, but don't think it's possible, as they don't have an international ranking. Damn shame really, would be nice to guide a bunch of French speaking upstarts who live on a speck in the ocean to the east of Madagascar, to the World Cup.

baker.simon, that means you have too many teams in the league you put your local team in. Delete one of the teams in your league in the editor, that'll solve the problem.

I relegeted one team from BSN and as my local team is eligble for promtion (ala dafuges challenge), i promoted them but it didnt work.

Why not just to to blue square north or south in editor and swap one team for the local team using the swap button thats what I did and it worked fine.

OK mate, will give it a go! Now, to fid that peaky editor again.....

P.S, i may be back shortly looking for more help lol

Archived