Who loves Football Manager 2009?

Just thot i'd ask coz there seems to be alot of threads of unhappy customers lol

After looking in General Discussion over the last few weeks and seen alot of users talking about being ripped off and/or gettin rid of FM09 etc. Seems i'm one of the few who actually like it :eek: I know its a matter of opinion but personally i think its the best version i've played since Championship Manager 01/02 (red disk i think, those were the days lol). Tbh was playin it now and again since release until recently got rite back into it after sorting my tactics, thanks to help from reading TT&F.

So put it to a vote let us kno if u love it or hate it ?? lol

N thanks to SI keep it up ;):thup:

I like the game very much and think it's the best release to date. There are always going to be issues that people will be unhappy with, but it's fair to say that's probably the same with any product you care to think of.

Given the series is one of the top selling games annually, people obviously must be happy with things in general.

I'm finding public opinion more evenly spread since 9.3.0 was released. I've criticized it in the past - I thought there was something wrong with the match engine a couple of weeks ago, but since released it was an error on my part. On the whole, it's the most solid and absorbing version I've ever played and I've pretty much fallen in love with it now.

Good to hear lads :thup: obv the majority on the forum luv it and jus get on with it instead of posting sharing their love of fm with the world lol didnt play as much until 9.0.3 patch bcoz of all the injuries in previous.

FM09 is by far a much better game than the much older games, but i loved cm 01/02 considerin it was nearly 10 years ago :eek: lol

FM 07 is probably my favourite. If we had a new database with it I would probably still be playing it.

I hated FM 08, it was the first version I ever stopped playing and went back to a previous one. There were multiple reasons for this.

FM 09 is much better than 08 IMO so far. I have only completed two seasons so I dont want to form an opinion just yet on whether I love it. Its in the balance for me whether it wll be better than FM 07, as their are pros and cons:

Pros:

1) I am enjoying the new 3D and match engine. The potential for 3D is massive. The football is pretty good with 9.03 as well.

2) Regens seem better, nice to see wonderkids again.

3) Confidence is improved on 08, although not perfect.

4) Transfers seem a little better as well.

Cons:

1) The fact I have won one European Cup, one League title, a World Club championship, Charity Shield and Super Cup, in two seasons, and the board are "satisfied".

2) Also the fact that when I sign young players as hot prospects, fans get upset when they play so few games which affects overall confidence.

3) Press conferences are normally a chore, but dont want to delegate them as assistant is likely to say the wrong thing.

i'm enjoying FM 09, i think the 3D match engine was something really important added to the game, i'm still playing with the 910 patch, i don't know, i didn't feel like upgrading it because everything was working just fine, i do get many injuries, way more than in the previous versions, but most of them are like 2- 3 weeks only, so once you get a good squad, it's not a big deal.......

the only thing that is really bothering me is the fact that i'm playing with a brazilian club, and for instance, at the moment my team is at the 9th place in the richest clubs list, i'm getting a new stadium (with my name haha), but i still can't send scouts to Europe, despite a few countries like Bulgaria....... that's a kind of a bummer.

i'm still using the same tatics as in the other games, and they work just fine, despite the little "arrows" issue, the press conference was nice in the beggining but it gets a bit repetitive after sometime, so it's something SI could take a look for the next FM....

but other than that, i'm having a good time, just like i had with the previous FMs, so after all i think SI did a good job :^)

I must admit that I really like FM09. Didn't like 07 (downloaded the demo, never bought the full version) and 08 just didn't grab me but 09 is really good.

Challenging and certainly not without it's flaws (which are well documented) but overall a really good game and one I use to waste many an afternoon.

I still hate it, the game just doesn't like me and my usual FM/Champ manager tactics (I've always gone with a creative AMC pulling the strings, with a hard DMC behind him) but this game just doesn't seem to want to play ball...even with different players and tactical tweaks.

that combined with the ridiculous effects team talks now have, where your squad can go from world beaters to usless just because you praised them at half time, its been my least favorite FM for a long while.

it has got better since the 3rd patch though, so I hope FM2010 will be good

Archived