Damn Squad Harmony :(

I have 24 players in my team, almost every single one gets a fair amount of games. I haven't screwed them over in squad status etc. and even though I've actually made an effort in this save to have players with similiar personalities they are all falling out with eachother and my coaches.

The best way to keep them happy is winning games. If you're struggling, the players tend to blame each other - and you.

For a really indepth analysis of the causes of low motivation/unhappiness and what to do, you need to read the superb threads by SFraser, esp. one entitled 'A Closer Look at Motivation'.

He said his club is doing well in the league, though just how well is subjective I guess. And those threads are definitely worth poring over indeed. :thup:

Matt, What exactly happens when you say your players are "all falling out with each other"? As in you get messages warning you of rifts between players and then you see instances of "Player A dislikes Player B" in their personal profile screens?

Yeah, every week or so I get "player X dislikes player Y" or "player XY dislikes assistant manager". And I really can't afford to get a new ass man. I'm not sure if its detrimental to my chances in the league as it looks like we're going to get promoted, its just one of those things that annoy me.

Do you change your starting 11 every game?

If you do I have found that that has an impact on squad moral. Try keep the same strating 11 for a couple of games, and the players who dont play make them available for the reserves to keep them match fit, praise the players individually in the full time team talk. Praise others via the player interaction, I have found that doing this keeps moral up.

Yeah, every week or so I get "player X dislikes player Y" or "player XY dislikes assistant manager". And I really can't afford to get a new ass man. I'm not sure if its detrimental to my chances in the league as it looks like we're going to get promoted, its just one of those things that annoy me.

Are you in a sound enough position financially to offer those players new contracts? It has been found that money goes a long way in resolving such disputes amongst players. :D

If you are not, or it is simply a case of them refusing to sign new deals, I am afraid there is little you else you can do but attempt to soldier on and attempt to pacify them with wins and the occasional media praises.

Also, it is rather weird your players dislike your assistant manager. Have you been delegating team talks to him by any chance? Or perhaps press conferences?

Players become unhappy when you reject bids when a player "wants to discuss terms with X club". If you get three or more players unhappy after doing this, it can often cause a lack of squad harmony.

I'm in this situation now on my CSKA Moscow save... loads of players are worried by the lack of squad harmony. However, I just ignore it tbh and it doesn't seem to be causing me any problems on the pitch. :thup:

When I had this problem I ignored it and eventually they sorted it out themselves. I had issues with most of my team wanting to leave which meant i couldn't win sh*t lol.

But they sorted themselves out and now we're 2nd in the prem... sweet!

The best way to keep them happy is winning games. If you're struggling, the players tend to blame each other - and you.

For a really indepth analysis of the causes of low motivation/unhappiness and what to do, you need to read the superb threads by SFraser, esp. one entitled 'A Closer Look at Motivation'.

Any linkage??

I have absolutely no money, I've turned my team into a selling club and my dumb arse chairman is soaking up all the funds! I can't offer half of what my players demand. Maybe I should just leave the club, it would solve every trouble ;)

Tender your resignation forthwith! ;)

It's a difficult one to understand fully, especially since you've stated that your squad all apparently have similar personalities. The only cause I can think of off the top of my head is if you've been doing a lot of player mentoring, which is the only time I've experienced similar problems of players not getting on with each other.

Take another look at your players characteristics again a little more closely. How are they described? Determined? Professional? Light Hearted? Etc... etc... Post some of this information so we're a better idea of what the cause might be.

Also, as others have mentioned, it could be down to results. When you say you're doing "pretty well", is that pretty well in your opinion? If the players are very ambitious, if you're say, 10th in the league and they think they should be in the top 3, you will have a problem.

I've yet to see any player in FM fall out with a member of my coaching staff, so the only explaination I can think of is again, what others have already suggested. It could be to do with your assistant manager taking team-talks or press conferences and not saying the right things in the eyes of the players. Best suggestion is to take full control over both and see if there's any marked difference or improvements in player to player or player to staff relationships.

Winning doesn't improve squad harmony.

What I do when I get this is look at every player and see if and why they are unhappy. Go to each players personal page and it will tell you their concerns, once you know why they are unhappy, go and fix it.

Neji they are all "dismayed by the lack of squad harmony". And I'm doing well according to everyone. I should be down and out of the league but I'm not, in fact I'm pushing for a playoff place. All of my players are either balanced, fairly determined, determined or loyal. Maybe it's because I've been making too many sales and buys?

As I've previously mentioned, my team is a selling club. selling and buying around 15 players a year, although I know this is detremental to squad harmony, there is no other way I can see to keep the team afloat. Any ideas anyone?

Have you checked to see why other players are unhappy?

When I get this, it is always because a handful of players are unhappy for whatever reason. Not getting first team football, want to leave for a bigger club etc. I go and solve all those problems and the 'dismayed by the lack of squad harmony' message goes away.

Archived