Random cup wins

Has anybody seen a cup won by an outsider? For this im talking about the FA cup. I was promptly knocked out in the 3rd round by Arsenal so my real interest ended there, however i like to keep an eye on things just like in real life i would. Fast forward to the semi finals and its Liverpool v Arsenal and Chelsea v Wolves. Wolves and Arsenal triumph, thats ok, upsets happen i think. Come the final, the result is Wolves 1-0 Arsenal. Another shock, a big one aswell, but it still could happen.

At this point i decide how Wolves have been getting on in the league, i go to the Championship table and see they have been relegated to League 1! Just extraordinary, and to top it all ofd, they are now in Europe by virtue of Arsenal qualifying for Chamions League.

Has anybody else had a bizarre story like this unfold?

In one of my FM07 games Walsall won the FA Cup (beating Chelsea 1-0 in the semis and Man Utd 1-0 in the final) while playing in League One, there squad was nothing special and they finished the season in the wrong half of mid-table, the next season when I played them I beat them twice. I think they even managed to make it through the group stage of the UEFA Cup.

Archived