Ways to add some shine to the 3d ME...

Aside from the generic "fix the bugs" reply, what else would people like to see in next year's 3D ME? There is a multitude of possibilities now that we have it but take into account too many 'shiny nobs' could drastically slow down the game.

I'm talking about neat, subtle touches like having some coaching staff visible, TV cameras when games are televised etc etc. Maybe even pitch invasions during promotions/cup wins.

180px-MrSheen.JPG

Seriously though, the debate about a "mini-me" manager on the touchline is quite interesting. Might be quite novel to have him there on the touchline pointing and gesticulating when you've made substitutions or tactical changes.

The game we have at the moment has 100 animations

Championship manager will have 400 animations; maybe we should have that many?

To be honest pete, overall I'm not too worried which game has the most graphically attractive match engine, but who has the best representation presented by the data and statistics behind the scenes.

Less crabbing :D

Seriously, the ability to make tactical changes without having to leave TV view.

I think that is already in the midst of testing? Apparently there is to be a "shout" button which allows you to make on-the-fly tactical decisions or even substitutions without having to enter the tactical screen. This feature was announced in the same article that covered the new tactical overlay wizard being tested over in FML currently.

Personally, I would like to see the goalkeeping animations to be fleshed out even more. The latest patch did plenty to improve on it and hopefully there will be more to come from FM 2010. :thup:

To be honest pete, overall I'm not too worried which game has the most graphically attractive match engine, but who has the best representation presented by the data and statistics behind the scenes.

I am not after 'fifa graphics', just a more enjoyable and easier to watch experience.

I would like a Manager View - Touchline and Manager View - Elevated (Sir Alex ), similar to LMA Manager.

I would second that, I think it would be a nice touch. Also as mentioned fans, and more unique stadiums for different clubs. My Bognor Regis stadium looks like it could hold about 20'000 fans but I only have a capacity of 6000

Better optimisation! Its 100% better in 9.3.0 than at release but still could be improved. In that it would include players "running" or more like sliding across the pitch, the slide tackles that look like Jackie Chan type manouvres etc etc.

Definitely agree with the animations. Maybe use motion capture on some of them? More and more games are going in that direction nowadays.

I'd also like to see turf that deteriorates during matches, weather changes, and maybe time spent making lower league stadiums feel like lower league stadiums.

Archived