What is the average cost/seat during a stadium expansion?

Im managing Solihull Moors and the stadium (Damson Park) is limited to 3.040 persons. Once you start to get promoted you suddenly realise that you need a bigger stadium to cover up for the increased expenses, however Solihull Moors dont own the stadium which means that it cannot be expanded.

I tried to bypass this by using an editor but failed (the board still refuses my stadium expansion requests even though I increase the expansion capacity). I did however manage to update the current capacity, but I dont want the expansion for free. I would like to "simulate" a real stadium expansion so I need to add some expenses, and thats where my question comes: what is the average cost per seat when you do a stadium expansion? I realise that it may be different from case to case, but an estimate is good enough for me.

If someone knows how to bypass the "the club does not own the stadium and can therefore not expand it"-issue using the editor so that I can expand the stadium "in-game", I would be extremely interested to know since that would be the best way.

Thank you for reading this question. Your thoughts on this issue are highly appreciated.

Not sure if anyone knows "what is the average cost per seat when you do a stadium expansion?".

The best I can suggest is to Google some new stadiums you know about and look for how much they cost to build. Perhaps then you'll have a formula to work with by dividing the construction cost of this stadium by the number of seats. Then, to calclate the cost per seat for your game, just multiply that figure by the number of seats you've expanded your stadium.

Sorry, but that's the best way I can think of if you want to edit your finances pretty quickly.

in my experience it's Ludicrously expensive!

I was once managing a lowly spanish team called Avila who had a stadium of 5000 (no seats!), they decided to expand it by 6000 or something like that and it ended up costing me about 7 Million pounds and putting me well into the red, but then they got a loan to cover the cost that would be paid back over about 25 years.

So I'd say use the editor to give yourself a loan debt of however many seats you added x1000 and then have it paid off over 20-30 years

Unfortunately none of the saved game editors have the ability to make you own the stadium - what you'll need is to convince the board to build a new one. Again, unfortunately, there's no guaranteed way of doing this via current saved game editors.

Thats too bad, it would have been the best way of solving this issue. Somehow I thought that if I upped the expansion capacity then the board would allow an expansion even though I didnt own the stadium, but the board still refused with the reason "we dont own the stadium". Do you have any idea why it is like that? Am I messing with the wrong values or is it impossible to expand a stadium you dont own even though the expansion capacity is larger than the current capacity?

Not sure if anyone knows "what is the average cost per seat when you do a stadium expansion?".

The best I can suggest is to Google some new stadiums you know about and look for how much they cost to build. Perhaps then you'll have a formula to work with by dividing the construction cost of this stadium by the number of seats. Then, to calclate the cost per seat for your game, just multiply that figure by the number of seats you've expanded your stadium.

Sorry, but that's the best way I can think of if you want to edit your finances pretty quickly.

I was thinking of the average costs ingame, but your idea on looking for real life constructions is interesting. Im just afraid that a new stadium would be much more expensive than an expansion. Out of curiousity, do you know of any recent stadium expansions? You dont have to hunt down the costs and so on, I'll try to do that, its just that I dont know of any recent expansions myself...

I've read that as a rule of thumb, its 1k pr seat. If its for expansion or building a new one, or both, Im not sure.

But it seems like a fair guess to me.

I was once managing a lowly spanish team called Avila who had a stadium of 5000 (no seats!), they decided to expand it by 6000 or something like that and it ended up costing me about 7 Million pounds (...)

Hmm, while I was quite happy with £1.000/seat I must say Im not as happy with Dutts number: £7.000/seat! Can the cost be different depending on which country it is? Does anyone else have any numbers on recent in-game expansions they want to share (seats expanded / total cost)? It would be interesting to see if Dutts cost was a one-off or if its a normal cost.

Old Trafford was expanded recently, it should be easy to find out about that.

It seems like Old Trafford was expanded with 8.000 seats in 2006, and the only number I could find quickly was £45.000.000 which turns out to be around £5.625 per seat (if that indeed was the correct cost).

Hmm, while I was quite happy with £1.000/seat I must say Im not as happy with Dutts number: £7.000/seat!

You've got your maths wrong there mate, put 7 Million divided by 6000 in a calcualator, it's just over 1000.

(or maybe it's my maths that's wrong, unlikely what with my B in GCSE Maths :cool:)

You've got your maths wrong there mate, put 7 Million divided by 6000 in a calcualator, it's just over 1000.

(or maybe it's my maths that's wrong, unlikely what with my B in GCSE Maths :cool:)

Oh, I see my mistake...I didnt read your post properly, I only saw 5.000 and 6.000 and assumed that the expansion was with (only) 1.000 seats (I read the 6.000 like it was the final capacity but I now understand that it was the actual expansion). So you went from 5.000 to 11.000 capacity and it cost you £7.000.000? Then the cost would be slightly lower than my original calculation, yes...it would come down to £1.166 per seat with is pretty close to the £1k/seat rule of thumb. :)

And I assure you, its not my math that's wrong...it seems to be my reading ability :(.

In my game board of diectors of Arsenal decide to build a new stadium for 450000000 for 96000 seats thats mean 4600 for each seat

How long into your game was this? And is it in FM09? I'm managing Arsenal, and had assumed that I was only going to get a stadium after the debt had beenb paid off (2032 or something like that).

Archived