being able to decide what to wear to games

Hi,

I would like to be able to decide what I wear (as a manager) to games.

I.e. a tracksuit coach or one with a suit.

It may also effect the way your portrayed. I.e. if you are in a tracksuit then the media/fans will treat you as a tracksuit manager and perhaps relate to you a bit more where-as if you wear a suit, it may give your players more confidence (as they may think your more 'professional') but if your team are doing badly they may think your trying to be too 'cool' for your own good and a tad arrogant.

Just an idea.

Why on earth are you laughing at yourself when you are clearly not funny!

OP: Maybe we could choose our style separately but I do believe that it would add some realism.

Eh thought you have something to say shock.Just dont see choosing wot you were adds to the game how often do press mention about wot managers were dont think people are botherd

Eh thought you have something to say shock.Just dont see choosing wot you were adds to the game how often do press mention about wot managers were dont think people are botherd

I will try and grab what I can out of that post.

In fact, reputation is often based on what the manager where's to match. We will always base Martin O'Neil on his tracksuit and that is how a lot of us recognise him.

Hi,

I would like to be able to decide what I wear (as a manager) to games.

I.e. a tracksuit coach or one with a suit.

It may also effect the way your portrayed. I.e. if you are in a tracksuit then the media/fans will treat you as a tracksuit manager and perhaps relate to you a bit more where-as if you wear a suit, it may give your players more confidence (as they may think your more 'professional') but if your team are doing badly they may think your trying to be too 'cool' for your own good and a tad arrogant.

Just an idea.

Yep "awesome idea"...and let's see it have a 6% effect to results too!

Hope wwfan writes a 78 page guide on clothing selection though.

Jeeeez!

I will try and grab what I can out of that post.

In fact, reputation is often based on what the manager where's to match. We will always base Martin O'Neil on his tracksuit and that is how a lot of us recognise him.

o so wot at start of each mach you want a option to appear saying wot do you want to were to todays game tracksuit or suit yes would be a great feature.Be pointless after about 3 games

o so wot at start of each mach you want a option to appear saying wot do you want to were to todays game tracksuit or suit yes would be a great feature.Be pointless after about 3 games

No, you just have an option and you can toggle 'Suit' 'Tracksuit' which is always set automatically to the one you want.

In todays game the media/fans talk about what the managers wearing and it effects how people perceive the manager and the managers reputation.

just an idea anyway..

I can barely understand what you are posting.

And no, maybe you can just pick at the start of the game what 'type' of manager you are and then that could be that. At the end of the season you can 'change your approach'.

Even if it isn't for everybody, people need to stop taking such a tone.

No, you just have an option and you can toggle 'Suit' 'Tracksuit' which is always set automatically to the one you want.

In todays game the media/fans talk about what the managers wearing and it effects how people perceive the manager and the managers reputation.

just an idea anyway..

Azza i was't criticising your idea just been sycastic in a freindly way:thup:

I can barely understand what you are posting.

And no, maybe you can just pick at the start of the game what 'type' of manager you are and then that could be that. At the end of the season you can 'change your approach'.

Even if it isn't for everybody, people need to stop taking such a tone.

o here we go mr evo mod wana be.And if you cant understand my post you need some more english lessions.Quite good at trying to get people infractions are't you

o here we go mr evo mod wana be.And if you cant understand my post you need some more english lessions.Quite good at trying to get people infractions are't you

o here we go should be Oh here we go. You never start a sentence with And. are't you should read aren't you.

Don't criticise other users reading ability until you've learned to post in legible language.

I do a better job of getting myself in trouble. Seriously, I am trying, now to be helpful; people write in proper english as 'text speak' is against the forum rules and people will take more notice of your theories if you post in an easily readable way.

I do a better job of getting myself in trouble. Seriously, I am trying, now to be helpful; people write in proper english as 'text speak' is against the forum rules and people will take more notice of your theories if you post in an easily readable way.

weres my text speak i must be missing something:confused:

Does it realy matter?

And where does it end?

Do we take a leaf from Fifa's books and start ordering the team to have haircuts for charity when theit team mates complain about their fashion sence? Do we start ordering the team to go attend a sick fans death bed at the risk of fatigue?

Or do we just concentrate on winning each game with an already insane number of variables that are already hard enough to get right without worrying if the media thinks you wearing a suit makes you less approachable as a manager?

it would be an "alright" idea if the game didn't have so many things that need fixing already but if i was to play this game next season & see a "what to wear" tab but have a game still overwhelmed with bugs & inconsistencies, i'd be 'peeesed off' to say the least.

ideas like this are cool but they miss the point, it's requests like these that make SI feel the need to add 100+ new features instead of looking @ the previous years game & just improving it. FM is a solid base for a fantastic game & has been for a couple of years, the problem is that the continued trivial addition of features that all-in-all just lead to more bugs is becoming an annoyance & it will continues to happen year-on-year until people look @ the bigger picture or perhaps i'm wrong.

i don't care how my manager dresses, i just want to be able to manipulate the tactics system in a realistic fashion or have other teams stay competitive instead of going after the same players save-after-save. . . (so many more things but i won't bore you all)

maybe i'm worng & stuff like this is what FM "needs" but i think ideas like this are 'cute' but do nothing for the game as a whole.

o here we go should be Oh here we go. You never start a sentence with And. are't you should read aren't you.

Don't criticise other users reading ability until you've learned to post in legible language.

Hate to be pedantic (or maybe I don't!) but there are instances when you CAN start a sentence with "And". However, in the post we are talking about, I can confirm that this was not one of these instances ;)

sorry...no...doesn't add anything to the game.

I love any idea for games, but put me in Camp Vasilli07.

I don't want to work on details about pre-game meals (Atkins, south beach or weight watchers?), Curfews (1 or 2 drink maximums on game night?), Does my team use stairmasters, treadmills or rowing machines as its primary form of aerobic exercise or if they are allowed to watch R rated movies before bed because it might keep them up too late.

That said: Having a little graphical representation of your manager on the sidelines (or in the stands if he has a touchline ban) where you can choose his shape (suit & tie, jumpsuit or skirt) and being able to select differnet colours for certain parts might be fun. (Black suit, red tie, brown hair). I could see some of the skin-making gurus around here having some fun with that.

Having it affect the outcome of the game I don't think I agree with.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea. Fans base their opinions about managers on how their team performs on the pitch, not on how well they press their suit. This is leaning more towards Fifa Manager rather than Football Manager.

To the people who say fans don't care about how their Manager is dressed etc. This may be true to YOU but in the real world, this became an issue with former Napoli Manager Reja who used to prefer wearing cheap tracksuits to his matches.

He was forced by the board to wear a suit to the games because it looked unprofessional facing teams like Juventus and Milan, with what the Chairman described as Pijamas. :D

Also whats wrong with wearing your HOME strip AWAY? The AWAY strip was created and only used if there was a clash, it isnt the normal thing to always wear the AWAY kit AWAY... Gotta love people these days, what they perceive to be correct suddenly becomes a global norm. I see this especially with fans of the EPL who base everything they see in this league as the global standard.

Given the amount of customisation of character that's now possible in games it's not the most perverse idea in the world, and while it certainly shouldn't have an affect on matches (as it's not something managers tend to change from game to game) it could contribute to a manager's initial attributes?

Either way, a manager's look, be it Fergie's naff club blazers, Rafa's big coats, Wenger's sharp suits or Mourinho's brand of couture, says a lot about their personality and approach (and for fans of other sports I might also mention Bill Belichick's hoody...)

And if it ever did happen, I want an option for the initialled mid-90's tracksuit top as immortalised in Fantasy Football League...

I prefer it - it reminds when teams ALWAYS wore their first strip unless there was a clash.

But then if you play in an uncommon colour, you never wear your away kit. No fan would buy it so you would lose merchandise sales

This is what I would have my little stick-manager wearing...

it-clown.jpg

Whilst these are what I would remove from Berbatov when taking penalties in an FA Cup semi-final...

clown.jpg

LMFAO :D

I would maybe choose a Nazi General's outfit to install fear into my players and make them think about what would happen in times of defeat :p

LMFAO :D

I would maybe choose a Nazi General's outfit to install fear into my players and make them think about what would happen in times of defeat :p

Not sure that would go down too well in the Israeli league now would it! You would most likely end up being dragged from the touchline by a Mossad hit squad!

Thinking about the rediculous nature or "manager outfits", another favorite wound it's way into my small mind...

DangefieldPlad.jpg

...yes, it's one of the great Rodney Dangerfield outfits from Caddyshack!

"Jeez... last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" :D

What if i came out onto the bench wearing nothing, would i lose my job because of the police charges. How would you implement it, be given an option of what to wear before you start the game, do you have an option to use some of your wages to shell out for an expensive suit, is colour an option, what about brand? Kappa or Nike tracksuit? How about adding the option to be able to match fix, mix games and each manager should have a subterfuge rating, if it's high your less likely to be found out for fixing that FA cup final. Or perhaps you should have the option of what post match wine you can enjoy with the opposing manager, resulting in massive manager debts as he spends transfer money funding his massive drink addiction. Lets keep the game about the game not about what your wearing, A truly bizarre and frankly just plain bad idea.

Here we go... How's about an altogether new "Managerial Experience"...

Former Football Manager :D

Do you opt for a career in punditry, practicing and perfecting new and innane comments...

Do you leave the football spere altogether, run a pub, make poor investments, appear in supermarket adverts...

Embark upon a singing career, forge a new celebrity name for yourself...

Yes, the choice really is yours... with Former Football Manager...

Ron-Atkinson-Its-Christmas---L-229715.jpg

Archived