Friendly Revenue

Maybe a silly question, but when you arrange Friendly games and it states that the 'Board anticipates $x in revenue', is this profit? Are they taking into account all the match day expenses and player salaries?

Most of the Friendly games I can arrage don't generate a great deal of money per game and I'm thinking that by the time I shell out for all of the appearance fees and goal bonuses that I would actually be losing money.

If this is the case, I might have an eye to ONLY scheduling high value friendlies. Anyone know for sure?

thanks,

werkz

Thanks skorp. As mentioned, my Friendly matches typically chime in at a lowly amount of 26K per match. I have 3 players who make over $5K on appearances alone! One of my rising stars has a very low contract but gets almost $1500 per goal!!! :eek:

I figured if these were applicable I must be losing money! If it is profit then... :thup:

Try going for the highest reputation clubs you can, that'll help maximise the profits with big crowds.

I'll look at that. Some of the Friendly's I can arrange with rival teams equate to $100K, however I usually select 'soft' targets to keep morale up in between league games where I have 6+ days until the next match. I try to use my subs & rotation players, but the AI seems to go full out and play their 'A' team every time so I fear a loss will damage my teams mojo if I pick a quality opponent.

I guess I should be asking: Does a loss in a Friendly affect morale that much?

Minor gripe, but I wish in friendlies the commentary would reflect the opposition you’re playing.

If Darlington were hosting Barcelona in a pre-season friendly and getting hammered 10-0 I doubt the fans would be leaving early after 70mins because they’ve ‘had enough of this’.

Try arranging a cup with the big teams for mega bucks $$$!

I saw that option and looked at the settings but never actually arranged one. I saw that each team paid a Fee but the total revenue didn't acutally go up.

Does the pool of fees only go to the winner or do you get the money for hosting regardless of the outcome in the tourney?

Archived