Aerial ability on Fm08, glitched up?

Take Vidal , Heading 19, Jumping 20, Strength 15, bravery 20, Anticipation 18

As you can imagine, I like to utilise him at corners quite a bit. As Celtic I get quite a lot of corners so he gets quite a few goals, but the amount he has missed this season has been incredible. I'm talking 3 clear cut headers a match.

This isn't a one off either, I've played about 25 matches this season and it's happened in each one. And these guys marking him aren't exactly proficient in the air themselves either. e.g recent match against Motherwell, Mark Reynolds (Heading 16, Jumping 13) was marking him so it's not like Vidal should be missing every header, and this happens a LOT.

Also the last few matches, I see Vidal heading the ball straight to opposition strikers under no pressure, i don't understand this.

His morale and training etc is perfectly fine

In FM08?

I found totally the opposite!

My centrebacks Barzagli and Puyol could average over 20 goals each per season; generally either of them scored in every game they played together. Few chances were missed.

And besides, heading isn't always 'clear cut' is it? your best strikers with 20 finishing etc wouldn't finish every shot, so why expect your best headers to finish every headed chance?

Actually i do expect players with 20 Finishing, Composure (e.g. Trezeguet) to score at least 75% of their chances, what with having nearly perfect attacking stats

I understand where you're coming from, but heading is more difficult than shooting with your feet, even the likes of Tim Cahill in real life (i see him every week) doesn't get 75% of his headers on target and i simply don't know a better header of the ball?

Positioning? Or perhaps your set-piece taker is poor.

I think headers on FM08 are stupidly overrated, even without exploiting the corner cheat. One of my centre-backs on loan scored 7 goals from the near post despite missing half the season through injury, for example. And aerially-dominant players are an absolute pain, even if they don't score goals.

FM-wise, I think composure and aggression help to win headers. If he put away all the headed chances he has his scoring rate would be ridiculous

Real life-wise, Think of the best players in the world at winning headers and getting them on target, they'll most likely get 2-3 chances a game where they'll still mess it up.

Archived