Crazy Goalkeeper

That damn Igor Akinfeev has been generally useless for me since I bought him. But..maybe now he's sunk to new lows.

Scores level at 1-1 in cup; quarter final at home to Arsenal, a through ball is played, Younes Kaboul has Bendtner out the picture and lets the ball run to Akinfeev who comes out but doesn't kick the ball. :(

I say to myself that any minute Kaboul will tell him to do it. But both just stand there, the ball still inbetween them. Then ole Bendy walks through takes the ball round Akinfeev (who suddenly wakes up and tries to dive for it) and rolls it in. I was like what the hell!. :eek:

10 minutes later, the exact same thing happens! Akinfeev just stands there watching the still ball and Bendtner rounds him. This is with a deep defensive line btw.

once is madness, but I can accept it, but twice! And in the same game! Shocking.

Gutted really, is there any explanation behind this, both players speak english.

Maybe Igor's taken a bung :D. Damn russian.

i have never seen anything like that until last night, i was playing spurs inthe fa cup and had akinfeev in goal, in the 91st minute the ball gets played back to him, he controls it and stands there while pavlychenko(or howerver you spell it) closes him down, he then launches the ball against him and it rebounds into the goal. i managed to equalize in the last minute of injury time and went on to win but thats decide point

i use the 9.3 patch

Archived