How do you increase the longevity of your game?

In other words how do you increase the life of your game to keep you going until next years?

I'm curently scouring through the Editors Hideaway looking for something different (eg. an unusual database).

So what do you do to increase your interest in the game now you've had it for several months?

Hey Coop,

I'd recommend a "no players database", there are a couple floating around.

It means the game starts with all teams basically back to square one without any playing staff. You'll find that some unexpected small teams rise, whilst other big teams fall dramatically.

I would recommend holidaying for at least two/three seasons before starting though as this will give players a chance to age just a little and sign professional contracts.

This has been my longest game with any FM ever, it's very fun and challenging to make a decent squad with any team!

As phnompenandy said, try starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. That's what i try and do with various leagues loaded from around the world. Eg, i have european and asian leagues loaded so it gives some variation and longevity when bored in the current league you're in. Works for me anyway....

Why don't you try playing in Mexico, MLS, Ukraine, Slovenia or something? It can be really challenging and quite fun. Sort of you have to go back to basics, look for players with only 2-3 key stats when you're signing. Players you've never heard about, every signing is a big risk :)

Starting in the lowest league possible will easily give you ten seasons worth of challenge as you try to work your way up the managerial ladder.

One guy played FM08 for over 100 seasons.

Archived