Player retiring early

Was browsing my shortlist and I noticed that Daniel Carvalho of CSKA Moscow was planning on retiring at the end of the year. However it was only 2010 and he was only 27 years of age.

He's had no serious injuries so I'm quite confused as to why he would decide to retire so young.

Is this a common thing and if so, what's the youngest you've seen a player retire where injury hasn't played a part.

Nope. It's been brought up before; it's done to balance out the game, so the player database don't get too big, I believe.

For players not at clubs, or those with pretty much no world reputation. Daniel Carvalho should be well known enough to not just give up whilst at a club and have people interested in buying him.

well i had a regen with pa of 195 and ca of 121 at age 17. he was from ghana and left his cl ub at 18

unfortunately i didnt have any african leagues loaded so when he left his club (contract expired and it wasnt renewed) despite my scouts creaming their pants over his CA and PA, i simply couldnt get a work permit for him, and nor could any other club

i tried about 10 times over the period of a year (from when he was 17 to 18) until just before he retired

i figured id wait for himt o sign for another club that doesnt require work permits, but then i get news he had just retired

really stupid, such good young players and cant sign them. most of the new regens that are any good have obscure asian or african nationalities and i cannot get permits to sign them at the critical age to get them to improve quick enough to reach their potential

stupid stupid game :S

well i had a regen with pa of 195 and ca of 121 at age 17. he was from ghana and left his cl ub at 18

unfortunately i didnt have any african leagues loaded so when he left his club (contract expired and it wasnt renewed) despite my scouts creaming their pants over his CA and PA, i simply couldnt get a work permit for him, and nor could any other club

i tried about 10 times over the period of a year (from when he was 17 to 18) until just before he retired

i figured id wait for himt o sign for another club that doesnt require work permits, but then i get news he had just retired

really stupid, such good young players and cant sign them. most of the new regens that are any good have obscure asian or african nationalities and i cannot get permits to sign them at the critical age to get them to improve quick enough to reach their potential

stupid stupid game :S

Did you have a work permit helping feeder help?

You should have been able to sign him if you did.

IRL Sebastian Deisler retired at about age 26/27 IIRC. Think that was down to depression or something though. Anyone remember what the reason was?

On topic: That seems like a bug just like Captain said. A player with a high rep like that at a high rep club shouldn't be retiring for no reason.

IRL Sebastian Deisler retired at about age 26/27 IIRC. Think that was down to depression or something though. Anyone remember what the reason was?

On topic: That seems like a bug just like Captain said. A player with a high rep like that at a high rep club shouldn't be retiring for no reason.

Im guessing it was depression brought on by his many many leg, knee and ligament injuries! I used to really rate him as a player back in the day so used to see what he was up to, even though he is German.

Was browsing my shortlist and I noticed that Daniel Carvalho of CSKA Moscow was planning on retiring at the end of the year. However it was only 2010 and he was only 27 years of age.

He's had no serious injuries so I'm quite confused as to why he would decide to retire so young.

Is this a common thing and if so, what's the youngest you've seen a player retire where injury hasn't played a part.

The same thing happend to me in my west ham save he retired in 2010. I was very surprised.

Uploaded the file 'norwich striker (v02).rar' to ftp://ftp.sigames.com/game-save/

The date is May 2010 and Carvalho hasn't mentioned retiring however I have noticed he's only played one game that season, but then again I don't have the Russian Leagues loaded, but it's still lower than most of the team. Perhaps he just got........ well...... bored (and sick of the cold!)

How do I let you's know about it being uploaded...... or have I just done it by asking?

Albert Luque is a former star winger who has rotten already couple of seasons in Ajax with huge £32 000 weekly wage. I never played him and also haven't been able to sell him as no reasonable club will offer him such a big contract and he refuses to sign lower one.

Anyhow, now I reached to 2010 and I'm happy that his contract will end so I can finally offload him, but instead in May he declares that he will retire, mostly because he hasn't been able to break into first team etc. He's just 32 years old and there's 3-4 cubs interested in signing him as Padova and some other quite decent clubs. He's not good enough for my first team but would do well in Eredivisie weaker teams, so he clearly could play couple of more seasons.

Albert Luque is a former star winger who has rotten already couple of seasons in Ajax with huge £32 000 weekly wage. I never played him and also haven't been able to sell him as no reasonable club will offer him such a big contract and he refuses to sign lower one.

Anyhow, now I reached to 2010 and I'm happy that his contract will end so I can finally offload him, but instead in May he declares that he will retire, mostly because he hasn't been able to break into first team etc. He's just 32 years old and there's 3-4 cubs interested in signing him as Padova and some other quite decent clubs. He's not good enough for my first team but would do well in Eredivisie weaker teams, so he clearly could play couple of more seasons.

that's not so strange. There are often players who want to retire on a high rather than fade out by dropping down to lower teams.

Dennis Bergkamp could have carried on playing. I believe he was even offered a chance to go back to Ajax, but wanted to end his career on a high, at Arsenal. It's not unusual for a big player to decide that dropping down to lower teams for one last payday isnt worthwhile.

Adriano has just retired in the last few days when he could have moved to quite a few clubs around the world and commanded a fair wedge a week as well as a hefty signing on fee, how old is he 27/28?

Adriano has just retired in the last few days when he could have moved to quite a few clubs around the world and commanded a fair wedge a week as well as a hefty signing on fee, how old is he 27/28?

He hasn't technically retired yet. He's been released and can be said to be taking a 'sabbatical' from football. Though I doubt that he would return.

He's just 27. Pity. He says he's sick of football.

I have had a similar problem.

Managing Odense BK in the Danish league I often have players wanting to leave, who won't renew their contracts. Sometimes I sell them on, and sometimes I decide just to keep the players on until their contract expires as money isn't really a problem for my club.

Anyway, same thing happened with my left winger and right winger, for a season or two they had been asking to leave, but I had decided just to keep them until their contracts expired (I did try offering them a new contract from time to time but they were never having it).

So their contracts expire and they both announce they are leaving the club and become free agents. They are both excellent players for Danish division, one of them earned a few Danish caps while playing for me even. I checked them both at one point and they both have numerous clubs interested in them, and out of interest when I tried offering them a contract neither of them would sign back for me.

Yet one month later when checking to see what team they had ended up at I discover that both of them have now retired! They were both aged around 26/27 so at their peak, surely they could have at least signed for another Danish club, retiring after voluntary leaving their last club for a bigger challenge after a month or so seems quite hasty!

Archived